Stevenage CTC End of summertime Ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
whereas I am on the list but have no bumpf from them yet

I like to think of myself as fairly brisk without being fast but I will have the advantage of riding 29 miles to the start allied to an early start and too much beer at West Ham the day before

So I might very well be in the slow group

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
My Route sheet & frame number turned up today and I'm starting off in group b. This is my first audax also, I'm really looking forward to it! I will be cycling 19 miles to the start also.

Camrider

Full list of riders and their start times have now been posted. I'm starting in group A at 10am, probably because I had estimated riding it 6.5 hours, but having since actually ridden one over similar terrain an hour quicker than that I might have got a few mins more in bed.

Cambridge is a bit to far to ride to the start so no warm up for me :biggrin:

stevevw

Guru
Blimey, I am going to have to give it death to catch you lot up. Have a D start and a couple of my mates are in the E group.
Was hoping for a nice steady end of summer time bimble not a 100k TT :rolleyes:

My bumf waiting when i got in. I'm in the A group so i'll have to get there early for some breakfast. My number is 50 and is already on the flag pole( i'll forget where i put it otherwise). Looking forward to to the weekend and meeting up with folks.

Steve, i'm sure it won't be too long before you catch up.

Tynan

Veteran
Group B, 10.05

They can't make you start in any group at all surely? And it's only 5 minutes between groups so hardly going to make anyone go outside limits surely

stevevw

Guru
They do it to spead the riders out on the road. And do not hand the cards out untill just before the off to prvent people starting when they feel like it

Tynan

Veteran
I know why

we turned up very late last year after someone forgot their shoes and they started us in the last group, anyway surely the earlier riders can wait around the corner or something

Tynan

Veteran
got my bumpf

weather looks outstanding

'Sunday and Monday, breezy and often cloudy but also some brighter spells. Many parts dry before rain arrives later on Monday.'

16 degrees daytime, even the night is 14

good grief, sounds like shorts and SS top init

Tynan

Veteran
looked at a few others

maybe showers in the morning, maybe in the evening, wind might be as low as 4mph, from the SW

Top Bottom