Stevenage end of summertime ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://host.qsoftdns...te/emitpage.htm

I will be at the Emitremmus again this year. Any other takers. 101Km Stevenage to Saffron Walden and back. It is a circular route and is billed as a Brevet Populair.
Baggy and I are doing it (arf). I believe that Tdr!nka and The Doctor are also on the start list.

MGBLemonrider

This will be my first BP. Hosted by my local group who've I joined over the summer.

Slightly apprehensive, whilst I've done the distance a couple of times, but since May I've only been doing my commute (18km each way). To make it worse I've been off the bike for nearly 2 weeks. I had a fit last week so tomorrow evening's gentle ride(<25miles) with the CTC group will be the clincher to see if I can ride to work on Friday (I sure as can't drive now) and get fully back into the sadle.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Fingers crossed you'll be ok tomorrow MGB. Just think of the 100k as 3 commutes...

Has anyone received their route sheet etc? I appreciate if the final route hasn't been checked that they probably won't be sent out for a week or so yet, but sent my entry off at the end of Aug and the cheque hasn't been cashed yet.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Ah, have just looked at the "official" entry form (not the AUK version) which says everything will be sent out shortly after the closing date. Panic over for now!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
max speed of 16mph?

buy your own medal!

will CC posse ride together?
Max speed of 16mph for the whole route - the clock doesn't stop when you stop for a break etc.

Welcome to Audax! The £4 entry fee includes some food etc, so the fact there's a medal available is a bonus. It looks like a nice enamel one, too.

If we all ride at similar speeds then there's no reason why we couldn't ride together...if the ride includes decent food stops it usually takes me about 6/7 hours to get round a 100k at about 13/14mph.

Tynan

Veteran
Noy only Tynan but the Lady wife are comng along, the Lady wife is on an MTB so no worries about us bringing up a long rear

but we can stand around being hearty fellows at the start at least

trinka is te one with facial hair? look like catweazel?

Tynan

Veteran
bah, after really suddenly being on for this, we're off, too much Halloween related kids (and adults) malarky

still it's a start and we'll dosomething else, later (sob) in the year

Tynan

Veteran
We're back on! Childcare arranged and as long as we (the wife) doesn't dawdle we'll be back in time to try and frighten the local kids, going to fill out the application today

cake?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Starts at a cafe, all the controls are in cafes, finish at a cafe.
Cake is a certainty.
As is bacon. And chips.
I'm going to try and bring some baked goodness too.
Don't plan on losing any weight on this ride :biggrin:

Top Bottom