Still 'Good Ol Boys!'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
350+ Chargers, of the '69 vintage (& some adapted '70s) were made 'undriveable', according to the 'D of H' book I have

There's only one (or was - not sure where if it now, since the collection was split up/sold) genuine Warner Brothers, as in used in the show, 'General Lee' in this country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_of_the_Stars_Motor_Museum

Peter Nelson, who had the 'Cars Of The Stars' museum in Keswick had one; complete with the 'Magnum' big-block (440CI)

There is one not too far from me, or was (plus a SuperBee, a relative, in the same body shell)

I didn't know The cars of the Stars' museum had closed:sad: been there a couple times when we went to the lakes on holiday.... It was 'quite' good not spectacular but worth a visit, perhaps that was its problem it couldn't match peoples expectations of 'attractions' now days..... strange place and venue for it though.... a converted industrial unit on a car park in a small (but beautiful) market town.......

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hmmm, Daisy:wub:

Why were they wearing seatbelts, they never used to...
Dasiy Daisy give me your answer true
Im half crazy gazing at your hot pants too !

I still have this toy from about 1982...
That's awesome, I've never seen one of those and that was my era as well.

I did have one of these though :biggrin:

evelknievelstuntcycle.jpg

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Anyone seen Smallville?. John Schneider was Jonathan Kent & Tom Wopat turned up in one episode which, naturally, featured some high-speed car shenanigans^_^. Nice tribute to the Duke boys.

Might need a picture to refresh the older members' memories. :sweat: ;)
I think she had early onset alzheimers, sometimes she forget to even put her Daisy Dukes on ;) :wub:

Daisy_Duke.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
DoH was essential Saturday evening telly in our house, brilliant trashy crashy TV

That's awesome, I've never seen one of those and that was my era as well.

I did have one of these though :biggrin:

View attachment 50843
I had one of those and a Spiderman one too. They were used for high speed crashes into each other and lego built obstacles & who could jump furthest down the stairs competitions

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha.....Roscoe Pee Coltraine:thumbsup:
James Best was a very talented man
Actor, producer, script-writer, director, artist, Karate instructor,

Sorrell Booke (JD 'Boss' Hogg) was classically trained, performed Shakespeare & spoke 5 languages fluently

The TV series was way better than the dire remake film imho.

Agreed, with regard to the appalling film, with Johnny Knoxville & that Jessica Simpson woman
Burt Reynolds, Linda (Wonder Woman) Carter & Willie Nelson should have known better!!!

Plus, a prequel, that was far better, but still not a patch!!

However; there was 2 original cast films, prior to the Simpson/Knox film ('Hazzard HomeComing' & 'Reunion in Hazzard')

General Lee or The Bandit's Trans Am?
I always enjoyed the Bandit films as much as the Duke boys exploits, but when it comes to the cars then the Charger does it for me over the Trans Am every time ^_^

The '69 Charger is about on a par with a Porch 928, in terms of performance, but with 9" drum brakes, as standard:eek:
426 'Hemi' engine & the 'Magnum' are roughly 150MPH cars, 14 second 1/4 mile, 0-60 about 7 seconds
The 'Hemi' is circa 425 HP, but US ponies are smaller than the UK BHP (Magnum = about 370 HP)
They are big though, roughly 17 foot long!!!!!!!!!

A '78 Trans-Am, even with the '400Ci' (6.6 litre) is down on horsepower, at about 200HP
This is mainly due to it being strangled by all the emissions (doubtless, movie cars have exemptions, due to not being for sale??)

The first 'cast' movie;

And;

This is April Scott, who played Daisy in the 2nd non-cast movie (the prequel - how they got the General, & how Daisy went from a bible-class girl to how she was in the series

http://thebanditrunphotos.com/

http://www.thebanditrunphotos.com/snowmans-truck

The intro, with Cletus Snows Kenworth W900

Both tracks sung by Jerry (Snowman) Reed!

Digressing Jerry Reed was primarily a great guitarist/song-writer

He wrote 'A Thing Called Love', as sang by Johnny Cash, plus wrote 'US Male' and 'Guitar Man', as sang by a certain Truck Driver (& played guitar on 'G M'), who cut a few records at the Sun Studios..........................

Chet Atkins produced some of Reeds recording, & often stated that Reed was a better player than himself!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom