Still missing that stolen bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big boy

Hi all as i posted months ago my hybrid was stolen, i now have 2 pretty good bikes but still miss the rides out on my hybrid.
The bike wasnt anything special but it had taken ages to get the thing so it didnt give my back problems.
While i had it i always moaned about the gearing, it was only a 7 spd but i did loads of miles on it.
Both the bikes i now have have their good points, but the old hybrid was like my favourite slippers.

MarkF

Guru
I had to leave my bike in Barcelona (long story involving alcohol) in Sept 2010. It was secure in a friends house but, was then stolen. :sad: Unbelievably it was seen, recovered and then put in another friends industrial unit in Badalona. I booked to fly to out in August 2011, unfortunately 4 days before going, I fell off another bike and ruptured my distal tendon, I flew out but was unable to (physically) bring the bike back.

In February 2012 I booked to fly out, the day before I went I got news that it had been stolen...........again. I walked about Barcelona aimlessly for 3 days and then flew home.

In June 2012 I got a phone call to say the bike had been seen, the thief biffed and the bike returned to the unit. trouble was, right at that moment I was 20 miles north of Seville on another bike.

I finally returned to Barcleona last week to bring home my beloved machine, it has cost me well over £1k, probably 3 times it's worth, a Dawes Discovery 501 (old style frame). I love this bike it was made for me! ^_^

MarkF

Guru
not sure if you really unlucky or really lucky! :wacko:

Oh I am really lucky! ^_^ I now have MY bike back, I do have a MTB and a Road bike but that was my do-it-all daily bike. It's driven me crazy for over 2 years, I've been through several hybrids trying to replace it and I just couldn't, plus, I could not find a 501 (old style) despite looking weekly. Rode across Spain on a Sirrus, all the time wishing that I was on MY bike. I am so relieved. :thumbsup:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
strange to say it took me time to get over the theft of my steel Discovery 601. The replacement alloy 501 was a better bike, and, better still, the same bike as Susie's (we were so Mr. and Mrs.) but the loss of the 601 left behind a kind of hollow for years.

I still miss my hybrid Kona Dew that got written off 3 months ago. It was a faithfull old bike and I had some really good rides on it. I liked it so much I've a Kona Dew on my list of bikes that I plan to buy at some point in the future.

chewy

Oh I am really lucky! ^_^ I now have MY bike back, I do have a MTB and a Road bike but that was my do-it-all daily bike. It's driven me crazy for over 2 years, I've been through several hybrids trying to replace it and I just couldn't, plus, I could not find a 501 (old style) despite looking weekly. Rode across Spain on a Sirrus, all the time wishing that I was on MY bike. I am so relieved. :thumbsup:

it's the principle of the thing too

Top Bottom