Still no pedals

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dangermouse, 16 Aug 2012.

1. :sad: yep, just home from work expecting a parcel and although three parcels were waiting for me........no pedals, how long does it thake to ship a parcel from Ireland, and now the damm dogs just dropped one and it stinks..........not my day, I'm off to me pit:cry:

2. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Shoot the dog if it makes you feel any better.

3. Last night I felt like shooting her, how can something so small fill a room with such a horrible stench:laugh:

4. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

Do you not have spare pedals on something else that you can use to test ride the bike?

I'd have anything on there just to give it a quick blast along the road to see what works and what is loose.

5. I did that yesterday morning NT with some cheap old nylon pedals, got the seat height just about right so some micro adjustment only when the 105s get here, I do have to lower the stem by 10mm though but dont want to do a hacksaw job so will get the forks into LBS for them to take it off correctly....then its done, however I have one of the under saddle bags and no matter how I fit it, it just looks wrong with the bag all squashed up........any idea how they go on, its got a velcro strap that goes through the seat rails and around the bag:blink:

6. Night Train

I'm sure someone asked this very thing a couple or so months back.
    I shall do a search and see if I can find it.

Back in a bit.

7. Night Train

8. This is how it looks when fitted, and thanks for the help:becool:

DSCF0576-1.jpg

DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

9. buddha

buddha Veteran

Is that saddlebag upside-down?

edit: with the bag the right way up - the strap should go through 1 saddle rail, then through the loop on the bag and then through the other rail. This stops it moving sideways. That's how I do it anyway.

10. I have no idea buddha:whistle:

The top zip opens the bag, the bottom one expands the bag, this makes me think that its the right way up, but I have never had one before so havent got a clue

11. This is why it's great to use your LBS, and develop a good relationship with them.

You might have still paid a couple of quid more for your pedals, (depending how switched on they are), but you'd have had them, fitted them and been for a ride by now :tongue:

12. ushills

ushills Senior Member

Why not move the spacers?

13. I really dont like the look of protruding steerer through the stem

14. ushills

ushills Senior Member

I kind of agree, just going for the measure twice, cut once approach.

15. Night Train

This is right I believe, looking at the photos.:thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice