Stitch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

I recently keep getting a stitch while riding, and if its been an extra exerted ride the pain can last a good few days. Does anyone know why this is? Do I need to see the doctor?

domtyler

Über Member
I get stitch quite a bit if I ride hard on the way home and then go for a run. Sometimes I get it if I ride for a long time flat out too. There is not much you can do about it.

OP
OP
walker

walker

So what your saying is I'm not alone?

Why does it happen? It feels like my Appendix is trying to make a break for freedom, I often just ride through it.
I've kept my fluid intake as low as possible and don't gulp it down either. could it be the Energy drink I am using?

domtyler

Über Member
From what I can remember no-one really knows much about it, I can only suggest that you do some reading up and try and find a solution that works for you. The technical term is: exercise related transient abdominal pain

Big Bren

I saw a tip in Mens Fitness for fending off stitch; they suggested that you breathe in such a way as to exhale as far as you possibly can, then inhale as far as you possibly can. I forget what they called it, but it definitely works for me when I'm running.

Bren

Top Bottom