Stockists of Proviz Cycling Jackets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renmurew

Veteran
Hi, I am looking for a stockist in Scotland of the Proviz range of cycling jackets.

My husband has offered to buy me one for Christmas but I would like to try them on first to decide between the styles available and also to check the sizing.

thanks

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Halfords stock them, I bought mine from there, lots of branches in Scotland although I think I’d give your nearest branch a call first to see what they have in store to try.
https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchRouter?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&tabNo=1&action=listrefine&qcon=gender=Womens;&pageNo=1&pageSize=21&sort=we_recommend&srch=Proviz

Evans also stock them.
https://www.evanscycles.com/proviz_b

Last edited:
OP
OP
Renmurew

Renmurew

Veteran
Halfords stock them, I bought mine from there, lots of branches in Scotland although I think I’d give your nearest branch a call first to see what they have in store to try.
https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchRouter?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&tabNo=1&action=listrefine&qcon=gender=Womens;&pageNo=1&pageSize=21&sort=we_recommend&srch=Proviz

Evans also stock them.
https://www.evanscycles.com/proviz_b

Thanks! I did pop into Halfords in Dundee today but they didnt have them. I'll maybe give one of the other branches a call.
Were you happy with the jacket?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Thanks! I did pop into Halfords in Dundee today but they didnt have them. I'll maybe give one of the other branches a call.
Yes, fantastic quality and a great fit, I bought it in the sale for a great price too!
Proviz sell quite a few different jackets unfortunately both Halfords and Evans don’t seem to stock their full range. I think I’d risk buying online, you can always return if you are not totally happy. Their size chart was accurate.

Absolutely love my jacket, wouldn't be without it, you can literally hear the cars slowing down for you. Have been told by a passenger in a car "Fu&%ing ace jacket mate" and caught up by a couple of cyclists who have commented how much I stand out.

The downsides: - very boil in the bag, and also its hard to judge when to wear it - night times/early morning itsobviously its great but when it gets to dusk it just turns into a dull grey jacket, to combine with the dull grey day. I generally commute early and come home mid afternoon and have found the jacket very very effective on the way in, but not so good on the way home.

Still wouldn't be without it tho, if that makes sense.

To buy - do Halfords not do their own version of this now, Boardman I think? Half the price...

vickster

Legendary Member
Click and collect to Halfords. Only pay when you collect and keep

I was gifted one of the original proviz jackets when they only came in grey, it was very boil in the bag not very waterproof but warm. Sadly the material didn't stand up to daily commuting, it looked rather tatty a year in and the reflective material seemed to rub off in parts, but the reflective was still by no means ineffective. Wouldn't buy again though on account of the really poor breath-ability and weak water resistance. I just cycle in an incredibly breathable, windproof and waterproof goretex climbing jacket these days, only thing is these technical fabrics are expensive, but there is room to save if you don't care about labels, I just went for the high end stuff knowing it would be quality and last a long time. I'm not fussed for a cycling specific jacket, I no longer believe in the effectiveness of high vis either, but bike still lit up like a Christmas tree mind you. Mines in navy blue. Zips under the arms but importantly keeps you dry too when its heaving it down, something the ProViz was naff at. Keeping dry = keeping warm in winter.

Last edited:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The reflective material in the Proviz jackets is lots of tiny glass beads embedded onto a(n ex-sticky) backing layer.
The stuff that sticks the beads down is completely non-breatheable, and not strong enough to stop the beads rubbing off, especially when a crease or fold concentrates the rubbing in to one spot (which is why reflective piping on other jackets doesn't last very long).

Halfords also stock (my branch does anyway) the Boardman '360 viz' jackets

OP
OP
Renmurew

Renmurew

Veteran
Thanks everyone for the great help. For Christmas I received a Proviz cycling gillet and a Proviz rucksack and both look great. Looking forward to the first outing!

Top Bottom