Stolen bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julie Stewart

Be extra careful with your bikes. Thieves stole zeigler mountain bike from cycle rack in shenfield high st by station Thursday .bolt croppers were used . Please can we try to get council to put cameras on racks. 5 am start to day 10.30 pm finished was not fun to have a 4 mile walk home . Trying to upload photos of very distinctive bike .

Attachments

• IMG_20170208_085119.jpg
    IMG_20170208_085119.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 87

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sorry about your loss. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a thief proof lock, with advent of battery powered angle grinders. Would cameras make any difference?

BTW welcome to the forum:smile:.

Drago

Legendary Member
Council cameras cost an average about £30,000 each to install, maintain, and staff per year. In this current financial climate I'm afraid you'd be more likely to have Lord Lucan stand guard for you :sad:

And even they did fit a camera, they're of little or no deterrent value, as shoplifters the World over will confirm. They have some small value as a detection tool, but annual each detection attributable to public CCTV, divided into the number of cameras, costs about £600,000 per detection.

Get some decent pics up and we'll keep our eyes peeled. Also worth checking local Gumtree and eBay in a day or two. Good luck.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Unfortunately not - this is from the images posted above.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/300-key-cable-bike-lock-black-id_8204381.html
:cry: I'm not sure that would have required bolt-croppers. @Julie Stewart - I hope you get it back and with a distinctive bike you stand more chance if you watch the small ads and go wander along places like Brick Lane but whatever bike you get next, please use a solid D Lock or equivalent as a primary lock, especially on such an interesting bike at a station and double-especially within such easy reach of London. Cables only really protect against opportunists now :sad:

Top Bottom