Stop lurking - sign on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
yoyo said:
It's the name of my previous dog - a gorgeous black and tan cavalier spaniel that we lost 10 years ago to cancer. Now her replacement is at my feet on his way out:sad:.
That's a pity....:rolleyes: I like dogs, me. I have a mutt that is a cross between a Border Collie and some kind of terrier... cute as hell, thick as two short planks but strangely intelligent with it, and oodles of energy ... erm... nothing like her owner :rolleyes:

yoyo

Just back from vets. Decline confirmed, could be just months. Poor mutt.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Unlucky, yoyo. Try and make her remaining time as good as possible, and when the time comes, know that you're doing her the last favour you can. Then come and have a shoulder to cry on. I've been there and it hurts.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shame yoyo - we've (my folks) had a retriever and two cavs - all lived till about 10 - the retriever got mouth cancer, and the cav's had heart trouble..... that's life... they obviously had a good home from you though....

Since moving into my own home, lots of years ago, we got two cats - nice things -about 12 now had a few probs health wise, but all fixed, but both are tabbys...only problem is my wife/daughter of 4 decided we should get another - hence "Tiggy the Terror" arrived a year ago..... argh...... cute cat - fluffy tortie, lets the kids man handle her but isn't as nice as the other two, and she drives then nuts....... the older two keep out of the way of the kids.....)

yoyo

Thank you so much.
Chip is 'he'!! He's ten with heart problems, arthritis, deaf, eye ulcers etc. There's fluid on his heart now so he's on diuretics to see if they help. There is life in the old dog yet; he steals or other dog's food and he still wants attention from people!! I had him in my office at school yesterday (need to medicate him) and thought he was asleep at my feet. I got up to teach a class in the room next door and before I was out of my office he had passed me and was wagging his tail for all he was worth at my SEcond Form class. Needless to say they didn't mind but he had to be banished to the car.
Our other dog is a rescued breeding bitch - KC Spaniel- who is terrified of anything that moves. We also have a cat who bopped Chip on his good eye so we are not best impressed by her at present.
We certainly won't be without pets when the inevitable happens but Chip has a huge personality and will be mourned by us all. Just hope he lives long enough for our youngest to come home for the summer vacation.

jdapayne

Well, I'm normally signed on and lurking at the same time, if that makes sense (signing on gives you good lurking powers, like search). Well, I'll resolve to post a bit more. And I really wouldn't bite me - you'd probably get quite ill.

Top Bottom