Stop lurking - sign on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Mooster said:
OK....I'll de-lurk as well.

Hello. I'm Mooser.......and I'm a cyclist.

There I've said it (takes deep breath)

Well done Mooser, you've taken the first and harded step.

Now, sit down, have some virtual tea/coffee and tell us all about yourself. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Maz

Guru
HelenD123 said:
Okay, you've shamed me into delurking! I've been thinking for a while I must get round to joining rather than just reading. Couldn't think of a witty username so, yes you've guessed it, I'm Helen!

I've finally started cycle commuting in the last few weeks. Wish I'd done it years ago! 8 miles each way seemed a scary prospect but I'm loving it. I'm usually very loathed to get out of my bed in a morning but am gettting up way earlier without a problem when I cycle. Hope the novelty doesn't wear off...
Welcome.
Are you from Hull? I lived off Newland Av for years. I really miss the place.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
HelenD123 said:
Okay, you've shamed me into delurking! I've been thinking for a while I must get round to joining rather than just reading. Couldn't think of a witty username so, yes you've guessed it, I'm Helen!

I've finally started cycle commuting in the last few weeks. Wish I'd done it years ago! 8 miles each way seemed a scary prospect but I'm loving it. I'm usually very loathed to get out of my bed in a morning but am gettting up way earlier without a problem when I cycle. Hope the novelty doesn't wear off...

Oh I dunno, that D123 bit is quite a rib tickler by the normal standards around here. Welcome.

Andy in Sig said:
Oh I dunno, that D123 bit is quite a rib tickler by the normal standards around here. Welcome.

I 'translated' that in my head when I first saw it last night as 'Helen Denise O'Leary' - not drug assisted either!:biggrin:

Hello Mooster and Yo! to yoyo :sad: Keep going - take no notice of the idiots - take notice of us! Er....um...:smile:

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Fab Foodie said:
Hi yoyo, sorry you feel that way. I don't think there is a cliques, but a lot of us have been here (or on C+ before) a long-time, so we kind of know each other.... we can't do much about that, but fresh faces are always appreciated and I hoped made to feel welcome. I'm very sorry if that was not your experience.
Keep posting, there are a few nutters around but people are generally very amiable.

yoyo! Fab has got it right: many of us have 'known' each other for two, three or more years on this and other forums (mostly the old C+) and like to exchange (un)pleasantries on a daily/regular basis. :blush:
99% of forumers are good and decent people, who share a passion for cycling, laughing, bullshitting etc. ;)

Don't be intimidated by the number of posts some of us/them have; once the 'Word Association' thread comes round again, you'll be able to log up hundreds of posts in just a few days (not that I did, well, about 70 perhaps).

And there's no 'in-crowd'; if you want to get involved, then get involved.
And don't worry about not fitting in; you have a bike and you cycle - that's all there is to it! If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for others.

Safe riding and happy foruming! :biggrin:

Mooster

Admin said:
Well done Mooser, you've taken the first and harded step.

Now, sit down, have some virtual tea/coffee and tell us all about yourself. :angry:

Cheers,
Shaun

Actually, I'm a bit of a lapsed cyclist. I did some cycle touring in my early twenties before getting in to climbing. Cycling took a back seat until I discovered mountain biking. Then a couple of years ago I dug out the touring bike and got back in to it. I managed to fit in some nice rides - around Brittany and London-Paris. Then I broke my elbow in a mountain bike accident and a few months later a we had a new addition to the family that pretty much stopped any activity....

Now...10 months later, I'm looking forward to getting back on the bike (or hopefully a new one) attaching a child trailer and setting off on some rides...

yoyo

Fnaar said:
Yes,it has its ups and downs, YoYo... (looks for coat)

It's the name of my previous dog - a gorgeous black and tan cavalier spaniel that we lost 10 years ago to cancer. Now her replacement is at my feet on his way out:sad:.

HelenD123

Guru
Maz said:
Welcome.
Are you from Hull? I lived off Newland Av for years. I really miss the place.

I don't live in Hull but do know Newland Av. The council has tried to smarten it up a bit but I'm sure you'd still recognise it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
yoyo said:
Cathryn, you sound just like me - t least there's a few of us who know we're not the fastest and who believe in photographing the scenery and wildlife rather than flying around and seeing nothing. I do envy you and your tour. You will have a fab time. Cycling in France/ Germany/ Switzerland and Austria is bliss. In the latter two the signposts are so good it is like being on the main UK road network - if you don't see the name of the place you're headed for it means you have taken a wrong turning! You hardly need a map except to ascertain basic direction and place names. I know Switzerland very well having driven in most areas apart from the French part in my sports' car. The hills are long but probably not as steep as the Dales or the Pennines - the cambers on the hairpins are steep, especially in the passenger seat of a British sports' car that is very close to the road! Have a brill trip.

Yoyo

Yep, not remotely fussed about how fast I am, especially in spring when there are lambs to talk to over the fence! Cycling for me is about enjoyment, not speed or even getting fit actually. I run (well, I used to before I broke my leg) to get fit. I cycle to have fun and have no shame about that!

I'm very excited about the trip...thanks for the encouragement!

Shaun

Founder
Mooster said:
... a few months later a we had a new addition to the family that pretty much stopped any activity....

Yeah, you don't realise how much free time you had until you get one of those things! Worth it though, they don't 'arf put a smile on your face!

Ours is four and knows everything about everything ... :angry:

Sunday morning is a good time to sneak out. Leave the others in bed while you pootle around, then get back in time to make a day of it with the family.

It's all good. :biggrin:

Top Bottom