Stop lurking - sign on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Guru
Dayvo said:
It'll be more a case of just the opposite! (unless you meant the forum and not riding).

Hello Helen and welcome! :evil:
Once the bug bites, you'll be a lost soul, like most of us poor fools here! ;)

There's tons of good advice and experience, plus lots of laughs, so post/ask away.

The bug has definitely bitten at the moment. I can get a new bike through the cycle to work scheme in May so am dithering about whether I can justify getting another bike. It's very tempting! I could really do with a ladies frame so I can cycle in a skirt after using the showers which are a 5-10 minute walk from my office. Actually, reading that it does seem a bit ridiculous. Spend £300 to save 5 minutes a day!

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
HelenD123 said:
Actually, reading that it does seem a bit ridiculous. Spend £300 to save 5 minutes a day!

BUT! What cost your health and sanity?
If the bug really does bite, you'll sign up for a forum jersey/bib shorts, make actual plans to meet virtual forum friends, and have a jolly old chinwag in the Tea Room!

You'll love it, Helen, and your holidays will be spent trekking round the TdeF route! ;)

HelenD123 said:
The bug has definitely bitten at the moment. I can get a new bike through the cycle to work scheme in May so am dithering about whether I can justify getting another bike. It's very tempting! I could really do with a ladies frame so I can cycle in a skirt after using the showers which are a 5-10 minute walk from my office. Actually, reading that it does seem a bit ridiculous. Spend £300 to save 5 minutes a day!

And your point is? 5minutes is 5 minutes ;)

And new bike is lots of fun:biggrin:

HelenD123

Guru
Thanks for the welcome Cathryn and Punky. We definitely need to increase the female contingent. Keep all these men in check ;)

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
HelenD123 said:
We definitely need to increase the female contingent.

Great idea! ;)
Contact all your friends and tell 'em to get down to the CC forum! :evil:

TVC

Dayvo said:
Note to spandex and Velvet Curtain! This is MY recruitment drive, you go and get your own! :rolleyes:;)

Note to Dayvo! A recruitment drive when undertaken on your own is called Internet Grooming.:laugh:;)

HelenD123 said:
Okay, you've shamed me into delurking! I've been thinking for a while I must get round to joining rather than just reading. Couldn't think of a witty username so, yes you've guessed it, I'm Helen!

I've finally started cycle commuting in the last few weeks. Wish I'd done it years ago! 8 miles each way seemed a scary prospect but I'm loving it. I'm usually very loathed to get out of my bed in a morning but am gettting up way earlier without a problem when I cycle. Hope the novelty doesn't wear off...

Hello HelenD123 - CycleChat's very own 'Hel en wheels' :rolleyes:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
HelenD123 said:
I could really do with a ladies frame so I can cycle in a skirt after using the showers which are a 5-10 minute walk from my office. Actually, reading that it does seem a bit ridiculous. Spend £300 to save 5 minutes a day!
I approve of the idea of that, I too want to cycle in a skirt but I'm trying to do it on a normal frame ... so far without much luck... welcome Helen.

HelenD123

Guru
summerdays said:
I approve of the idea of that, I too want to cycle in a skirt but I'm trying to do it on a normal frame ... so far without much luck... welcome Helen.

I'm afraid of flashing more than I'd like my colleagues to see if I use my current gents frame!

Top Bottom