Stopping sweat getting into your eyes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

A Buff or a cycling cap both work fine for me.

I'm amazed, and impressed, that you can sweat enough on an 8 mile ride to soak through a Buff. Is it a real Buff or a boggo neck tube?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A Buff or a cycling cap both work fine for me.

I'm amazed, and impressed, that you can sweat enough on an 8 mile ride to soak through a Buff. Is it a real Buff or a boggo neck tube?
Its the return trip which has a fair amount of hills, on a rack+panniered virtuoso, cyclingplus buff cut in 2 to make half a buff that can roll into a band.With no buff the fact i have bushy eyebrows does not help .
I do try to go at a good pace , for me anyway i do 10 miles in about 35 mins with close to 500 feet ofclimbing in the last 4 miles (ish )

redcard

Veteran
Have you tried this?

UpsideDownCycling.jpg

Norm

That could be your problem with the 'Buff', if you use one of the freebies. Firstly, the material they use is generally poorer quality, generally with more of the cheap viscose-type fibres. Secondly, they are smaller than the real thing, and you've cut it down so it's smaller still.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

That could be your problem with the 'Buff', if you use one of the freebies. Firstly, the material they use is generally poorer quality, generally with more of the cheap viscose-type fibres. Secondly, they are smaller than the real thing, and you've cut it down so it's smaller still.
Bit late now , sportive on Sunday :smile:

lulubel

Über Member
Grow your hair long. Then you can part it in the middle, so the sweat runs down the hair and off to the sides.

(This does actually work. I used to have long hair, and never had any problems with sweat in my eyes. I had it cut short because I didn't enjoy having sweaty hair hanging all round my neck and shoulders, and I'm really starting to wish I'd left it alone now!)

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Grow your hair long. Then you can part it in the middle, so the sweat runs down the hair and off to the sides.

(This does actually work. I used to have long hair, and never had any problems with sweat in my eyes. I had it cut short because I didn't enjoy having sweaty hair hanging all round my neck and shoulders, and I'm really starting to wish I'd left it alone now!)
3 mm skinhead , i wear a hard hat all day at work so a "hairstyle " is pointless.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sort out a skull cap. They works for me and I sweat loads, especially when Potsy and Gb155 keep attacking my Strava positions.

geopat

Über Member
I have this problem also. Sweat stings my eyes when under the cosh. Took the lining out my hemet thinking that it was adding to the problem by contaminating new sweat with old. Didn't help at all.

PS neither does a skinhead......got one of those too (not really through choice though)

Top Bottom