Storage for bike stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lanternerouge

Veteran
Hi guys

Anyone got any good recommendations for storage for my bike stuff?

I currently have 3 or 4 plastic boxes with shoes, helmets, gilets, lights, tools, inner tubes, cleaning stuff etc etc. I was wondering if anyone had found a cool way to organise and store all this stuff - so that 1) it looks tidy and 2) I can find what I need!

Sorry if this is obvious. I have had a good google before asking!

Cheers

LR

alicat

Legendary Member
I have one box on a bookcase in the hall that has one of everything except shoes, which are in the porch. Everything else is in more boxes in the cupboard under the stairs.

MiK1138

Veteran
as a naturaly messy beggar my bike stuff tends to spread all over the house muchnto Mrs Miks chagrin she has recently sorted me a shelf and some boxes and warned me on pain of death to start keeping my stuff in them. my mate who is single keeps an amazing array of cycle parts/tools in his kitchen drawers lucky batchelor barsteward

winjim

Smash the cistern
Clothing in the wardrobe, tools under the stairs, parts in the shed. Exactly the same as everything non-cycling. Hopefully moving house soon to somewhere with a garage / workshop space so everything can be properly organised in there.

winjim

Smash the cistern
as a naturaly messy beggar my bike stuff tends to spread all over the house muchnto Mrs Miks chagrin she has recently sorted me a shelf and some boxes and warned me on pain of death to start keeping my stuff in them. my mate who is single keeps an amazing array of cycle parts/tools in his kitchen drawers lucky batchelor barsteward
Marriage does bring with it other benefits :laugh:.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am building a shed where all my cycling stuff and bikes will be kept. The shed is 10' x 8' so big enough for it all, including a TV with CD for turbo sessions. Should be finished by the end of the month. It will stop my wife from moaning that my drawers are full of cycling clothes.

Have you got a staircase you could make the most of?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWTNgusxnQXlZoqC-3v6fftkFdj_KTheK1PBu1zf5o6qK82Jlo.jpg

Or have high shelves up on the wall somewhere out the way? Shed, garage, spare room etc.?

over-window-overdoor-garage-shelving.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
I have a 4 drawer filing cabinet in my office for cycle clothing, shoes, helemts etc, another one in the garage for cycle related bits and bobs.

Have you tried plastic boxes?

U

User33236

As our kitchen units stand on legs and have no kick-boards I bought several plastic storage boxes, will lids, that fit underneath but are shallow enough not to sit too far forward to be 'in your face'. These arrived in the week and I spend this morning sorting all the stuff stored throughout the house into them. Mrs SG is happy with the result ^_^

I've just bought a storage shelving unit thing from Ikea and fitted some drawers, baskets etc to hold various things. I'm in a flat, so have a little box room for the bikes and bike stuff in lieu of a garage.

I have a previously-unused metal and plastic cabinet in my kitchen with three handy, plastic drawers which has proved ideal for bike tools, cleaning cloths and spare parts. I lined the drawers with plastic before use. Were I to press the switch above it, all of this stuff would become very cold indeed, but I'm pretty sure none of it would be damaged by a temporary dose of minus 18C.

Another cabinet in the kitchen has a hinge down door and two pull-out, wire racks. The larger of these is good for clothes and helmets, the smaller for assorted other small bits of cycling clothing. Flipping the switch on that one would be unfortunate as I'm told that its alternative use is to clean dishes and cutlery.

Both of these storage areas are nicely hidden.

This may not be a popular solution in shared houses, I've been told (by my girlfriend) :biggrin: Her cycling stuff is in the dishwasher too though, so not too many complaints there.

Top Bottom