straighter back ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I highly recommend going to Pilates. Don't let a high percentage of females put you off. We have a chap in our class who's been going for years. He's a gardener for the national trust and says the benefits for his back are enormous. I've noticed that I stand straighter and taller after going for a few years. I started after a physio recommended it after I finished a course of treatment for whiplash. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. At 51,I'm fitter and stronger than I was 10 years ago.

Another tip is to make sure that you stand up straight when rising from a chair before you set off walking.
My back is aching a bit and I'm putting it down to two weeks off from pilates (yes I know I can do the exercises outside the class but I'm lazy!:whistle:)

Katherine

Guru
My back is aching a bit and I'm putting it down to two weeks off from pilates (yes I know I can do the exercises outside the class but I'm lazy!:whistle:)
Yes, I'm slightly stiff and that's a good idea. I might do a few roll downs!! My next class isn't for another week.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Not sure im a pilates man Katherine.but there are classes at bannantines every week.
im a bit rough and ready ,as the wife calls me

moo

I started doing chin ups, push ups and crunches on a regular basis 2 months ago using one of those door bars. My core has improved dramatically along with my stance. For reference I spent the last 20 years at a computer desk doing no exercise.

Top Bottom