Strange bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nagden

Über Member
IMG_20210515_101916.jpg

I saw this bike outside our local super market. It seems to be a home made concoction. Disc brakes on a frame too old too have been fitted as new. Brush painted all over. It obviously does a job but did look different.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Why do you think the frame is too old for discs? It also has internal cable routing so perhaps the quality of the paint job is masking the frames relative modernity. There are some cheap BSOs with cable discs.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Could have been stolen and repainted badly to disguise the bike.
Or could have been a deliberate effort by the genuine owner to disguise a perfectly good bike to make it less attractive to thieves. I've often thought of doing similar myself, but perhaps not quite as extreme as this particular paint job!

D

Deleted member 26715

Or could have been a deliberate effort by the genuine owner to disguise a perfectly good bike to make it less attractive to thieves. I've often thought of doing similar myself, but perhaps not quite as extreme as this particular paint job!
I'm a cynic, I'm with @GuyBoden stolen & painted to fool real owner

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
From the way it's overloaded, and a road map atop the rear luggage, I'd guess it belongs to a Dutch tourist, and wholly legit.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom