Strange body changes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not really sure where to post this...but here goes...
Have been cycling pretty frequently since September...set my targets in terms of weight and miles (have hit both so very pleased)...thing is, it's not how I thought it would change my shape...
Always imagined that my legs would get bigger and lose weight everywhere else...thing is my legs seem much thinner, my upper body seems slimmer but more defined and my arms are bigger!!! WTF!!!
Not complaining in any sense but seems to go against reason!
Me...or anyone else as well????

Peteaud

Veteran
You must have had fat legs :laugh:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Not really sure where to post this...but here goes...
Have been cycling pretty frequently since September...set my targets in terms of weight and miles (have hit both so very pleased)...thing is, it's not how I thought it would change my shape...
Always imagined that my legs would get bigger and lose weight everywhere else...thing is my legs seem much thinner, my upper body seems slimmer but more defined and my arms are bigger!!! WTF!!!
Not complaining in any sense but seems to go against reason!
Me...or anyone else as well????
You do know you're not supposed to pedal with your hands.....

Facetiousness apart, I'd guess that there's a slender person trying to emerge from where you'd previously buried it. That, and you're doing more steady distance work than power work.

defy-one

same here mate. legs have become very toned and defined, stomach gone or going i should say. shoulders, chest & upper arms are looking quite muscular.
the thin man is slowly emerging

Reactions: MoG
OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
same here mate. legs have become very toned and defined, stomach gone or going i should say. shoulders, chest & upper arms are looking quite muscular.
the thin man is slowly emerging
Never saw myself as that until now!! Is there a thin man under there? Must say...it's certainly been a while since I thought I was slim (actually always thought of myself as a fat child so whoop whoop!!)

Top Bottom