Strange cat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We did consider that, but when the vet looked for a chip, she didn’t think the cat was pregnant.

Mmmmok. :okay:

It's hard to tell in the first three weeks anyway.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We used to joke that we had half a cat. He had been a stray and adopted by our upstairs neighbour but was still very timid. When she went off on holiday we looked after the cat but to save the faff of going upstairs I eventually persuaded him with quite an effort to come into our house to get fed. When she returned he went off back home again but came to visit us from time to time. It reached the stage that when we went away he sat on his home windowsill but as soon as our van arrived back he was off downstairs like a shot to greet us and had to be persuaded unsuccessfully that he really lived upstairs and that it was not just his feeding station. Eventually we got him full time when his keeper moved away.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
We used to joke that we had half a cat. He had been a stray and adopted by our upstairs neighbour but was still very timid. When she went off on holiday we looked after the cat but to save the faff of going upstairs I eventually persuaded him with quite an effort to come into our house to get fed. When she returned he went off back home again but came to visit us from time to time. It reached the stage that when we went away he sat on his home windowsill but as soon as our van arrived back he was off downstairs like a shot to greet us and had to be persuaded unsuccessfully that he really lived upstairs and that it was not just his feeding station. Eventually we got him full time when his keeper moved away.
That’s a typical cat then:laugh:.
I’m going to the animal shelter where these cats were taken, later today to see if I can adopt the tabby, as soon as it’s ready.

Mike_P

Guru
I had a new neighbour who had a cat, or so I thought as I was completely fooled by seeing it down the road and then when I got home seeing it in her back garden. Eventually I found out their were two from the same litter and the one that was always in the back garden (Oscar) had been hit by a car and had survived on probably it's eighth life. It could hardly walk and one day I saw another cat looking for a fight with him, so took aim at the aggressor with a stone. Those who say cats have no feelings were subsequently proved wrong.
When he had enough strength to walk and jump he immediately sought me out and would spend hours almost glued to me. One weekend I was asked to look after them and as soon as I got home Oscar bounded into my house and sat at the top of the staircase no doubt hoping I would put his towel on the bed, it had got to the point that he would not go onto the bed without his towel being on it. I said "I was hoping you were next door, I've got to feed you", he cocked his head to one side and gave my remark some consideration, walked out of my house and jumped on the shed overlooking the neighbours back door. Proof if there ever was they can understand what is being said to them.

Me trying to be an influencer .... :-)

https://genkigear.com/product/cat-moralities-unisex-t-shirt
1576933222916.png

Last edited:
Curiouser and curiouser said Alice.
This was in my local rag today.
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18...s-get-second-chance-life-found-box-eastleigh/
They were found just about a mile from my house, and the daft looking tabby one, looks very similar to the cat that was hanging around a while back. The timing would have been about right too, and it would explain her behaviour.

As I said... :tongue:

Glad you're looking at adopting a kitten though. Would recommend having a quiet word with the shelter about trying to do a TNR on mum to prevent any more kittens xxx

Proof if there ever was they can understand what is being said to them.

Oh yes. There's definitely a good brain to a cat although I find that the girls tend to be brighter than the boys by some margin.

Right up to the point where you say “don’t you flipping dare ( insert thing you know damn well they are going to do anyway)” then they suddenly stop understanding.

That too. I have a tortie. :laugh: And a blue & white who *thinks* she's a tortie. :laugh:

Top Bottom