Strange CO2 problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I wondered if you guys have had a similar problem.

Recently I bought some CO2 cartridges for rapid re-inflation post puncture. I had always just used a mini pump before. I waited ages for my first puncture (which can only be a good thing), but the PF came a knocking just as I got to work a few weeks back(a stroke of luck).

I nipped out at lunchtime to fix it. Popped in a fresh inner tube and used the CO2 - fab, up and away in no time. Mind you the canister got really cold on inflation. I guess I should have expected this as my physics knowledge should be better than that.

Anyway, it was great, but ever since I have had real trouble getting the pumps to work on the presta valve. I can deflate it in the normal way, but I struggle to pump it up as the pump just seems no to want to inflate. It's as if the valve is sticky, misaligned or just knackered. The dregs of the CO2 canister re-inflated it no problem.

Anyone else had this, or have I just used a cheap inner tube and knackered the presta valve?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
you've probably bent the tube valve.

Nebulous

Guru
I have a specialized tube and the valve has always been difficult. I need to fiddle with it several times before I get the track pump to work. I haven't had a puncture for ages either and I'm reluctant to throw it out while its still fine.

So it could be your tube came with a sticky valve.

Top Bottom