Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
I doubt that. Maybe they plan to get rid of the road permanently and install an alternative route, one that gets rid of the road maintenance costs. They were happy with the temporary permanent ban. Doing that avoids the need for a public enquiry.
I also part suspect the cycle ban is now a populist thing, drivers 99.9999% not being inconvenienced.

Alex321

Veteran
I doubt that. Maybe they plan to get rid of the road permanently and install an alternative route, one that gets rid of the road maintenance costs. They were happy with the temporary permanent ban. Doing that avoids the need for a public enquiry.

Why do you doubt that?

What better explanation do you have for them allowing horses, but not pedestrians or cyclists?

It does seem weird - especially as horses are notoriously easy to spook by something unexpected such as a randomly falling rock

I suspect they have easily managed to get an order stopping "traffic" but stopping horses is more difficult for some reason - maybe some historical access requirement or similar

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I suspect they have easily managed to get an order stopping "traffic" but stopping horses is more difficult for some reason - maybe some historical access requirement or similar
Unless there's something unusual about the road, the same legal process can be used to stop access by all horses, whether flesh or iron.

Top Bottom