Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

steverob

Guru
It's long since been fixed (Street View link), but I do remember seeing a road sign to a "Canal museum" near Northampton, where some scamps had painted over the "C".

The best thing was the attention to detail - they'd actually gone to the trouble of sourcing (almost) the correct shade of brown paint to match the rest of the sign (only if you weren't going past at speed could you tell for sure), proving that maybe they were actually quite anal about it, just maybe not quite in the way people would think now reading the sign!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's long since been fixed (Street View link), but I do remember seeing a road sign to a "Canal museum" near Northampton, where some scamps had painted over the "C".

The best thing was the attention to detail - they'd actually gone to the trouble of sourcing (almost) the correct shade of brown paint to match the rest of the sign (only if you weren't going past at speed could you tell for sure), proving that maybe they were actually quite anal about it, just maybe not quite in the way people would think now reading the sign!
I remember it well... it was as you headed towards Northampton and is visible on archived Streetview from 2011: https://www.google.com/maps/@52.143...4!1sQV6Hfw_3rrBJoS8LMVjQRQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Let's just be thankful they didn't change the symbol...

Alex H

Legendary Member
Just when I get to a suitable bridge to jump off, I see this; :wacko:

DSC_0561.JPG

I going to be keeping an eye out now, for a sign that says "No strong currents OK to jump off" :okay:

Lozz360

Veteran
Not a road sign but straight from the current Nigerian Highway Code:
upload_2018-6-12_23-6-5.png

toffee

Guru
I think you may be being a bit naughty there. The UK HC also has (or had) that as a way of telling a constable directing traffic where you were going. I doubt anyone has done this in the last 60 years.
Funnily enough the driver in the car in front of me a couple of days ago used hand signals.

Cannot remember what car he was driving but it was so old the indicators were flashing rear lights

Top Bottom