Strange sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nethalus

I was in Lincoln yesterday and while there we visited a rather nice cafe. Anyway while we were waiting for our food to arrive I was watching people coming and going past the window. I noticed that most cyclists were wheeling their bikes along the pedestrian walkway outside.
It was then that my attention was caught by a little road sign opposite, you know the sort that tells you what times you can stop there etc. Anyway this particular little road sign said the following: "No cycling, except for loading or unloading between 4pm and 10am."
Both me and my other half read this sign several times to make sure we weren't reading it wrong, but no that is exactly what it says that cyclists can only load or unload between those times. We were wondering if it was perhaps a sign aimed at cycling couriers or something!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
That is unusual! Never seen one myself...

I'm wondering if Lincoln has anything in the way of Maximas Trike deliveries, like we do here in York - although knowing how hilly Lincoln is, I doubt it... Our guys in York are supposed to push the trikes in the footstreets during the designated times, but sometimes they will scoot on one pedal if it's not crowded..

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Arch said:
but sometimes they will scoot on one pedal if it's not crowded..
Do pedals get very crowded in York? :smile:

I'd like to see more such things around here (trikes etc.) - it's all the usual huge lorries and vans, parking wherever they want, blocking junctions etc.

<sigh> :becool:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
no-cycling.jpg
This sign ?

OP
OP
nethalus

nethalus

mr_cellophane said:
no-cycling.jpg
This sign ?
Yep that was exactly what the sign in Lincoln said!

OP
OP
nethalus

nethalus

magnatom said:
So nethalus, hows bloodbus without me? :biggrin:

Have you actually left it or are you still having trouble signing in? Couple of others had the same problem, they were advised to clear their web histrories like and bingo it worked!

nethalus said:
Have you actually left it or are you still having trouble signing in? Couple of others had the same problem, they were advised to clear their web histrories like and bingo it worked!

I'm pretty sure I've been deregistered. Happened without any warning. Hey ho, I've got bigger fish to fry, and I've moved on a bit since then!:biggrin:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
nethalus said:
I was in Lincoln yesterday and while there we visited a rather nice cafe. Anyway while we were waiting for our food to arrive I was watching people coming and going past the window. I noticed that most cyclists were wheeling their bikes along the pedestrian walkway outside.
It was then that my attention was caught by a little road sign opposite, you know the sort that tells you what times you can stop there etc. Anyway this particular little road sign said the following: "No cycling, except for loading or unloading between 4pm and 10am."
Both me and my other half read this sign several times to make sure we weren't reading it wrong, but no that is exactly what it says that cyclists can only load or unload between those times. We were wondering if it was perhaps a sign aimed at cycling couriers or something!!

A bit OT I know, but where's the cafe? I have struggled to find a good one in Lincoln.

Odyssey

User said:
I would be interested to see if such a ban is enforceable. As fair as I am aware, it could only be introduced by byelaw (as it is not part of the various Road Traffic Acts) and councils are notorious for getting these things wrong...

It's unusual to see it in relation to regular road cycling, but such bylaws are currently enforced up and down the country with the issuing of fixed penalties.

OP
OP
nethalus

nethalus

Gerry Attrick said:
A bit OT I know, but where's the cafe? I have struggled to find a good one in Lincoln.

Don't ask me the name of the road its in, but it wasn't far from the Anne Summers shop in the city centre, no I didn't go in there! It was called Jane's cafe or something like that.

Top Bottom