Strava climbing challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Purely just out of interest, is anyone attempting it this month ?
20,150 ft to climb by the end of January !
No shortage of climbs round here but simply due to not getting the time, I don't think I'll achieve this one ! I need to get in 2 rides with at least 4,500 ft to be in with a chance of doing it......I'm hoping I can get out tomorrow and then again Monday morning if time allows. New wheels on the bike tonight so I'm itching to try them out on some big climbs tomorrow

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've finished it, did it mainly by commuting. @Stonechat is on the verge of finishing it and @HLaB probably has finished it already

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't use Strava, but I thought I would work out how much climbing I do on my typical routes ...

I think the shortest route has about 1,500 ft of climbing. Last year I averaged the equivalent of that about once every 1.9 days, or about 24,000 ft a month.

In reality, I only did one ride last January! I probably average over 30,000 ft of climbing a month from March to October.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I think I'm on about 48% and doubt I will finish it . I only joined it cause my mate Steve did :laugh:

91% after today, so assuming there's at least one OK-ish day next week, I'll make it. It's pretty tricky /not/ to climb a fair distance around here though (Yorkshire Dales), so they tend to happen without trying - the 91% is on just three rides. Today's ride was my 'flattest route I've designed so far' (on request of girlfriend), and it was still about 1500m :\

Top Bottom