Strava & Endomondo - Paid or Free?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggies Man

Hi folks,
A couple of questions for those of you who already use these apps.
Do you use the free or paid version of Strava or endomondo?
Are the free versions adequate? Or are the benefits of the paid version worth the upgrade?

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'm on Strava, the free version, and it's great.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have paid Strava and free Endomondo. I wouldn't bother with a paid version without at least a hrm and even with this it is marginal.

OP
OP
Baggies Man

Baggies Man

I 've had a little go with the Endomondo (free) app this morning, I was pleased with what it does. It told me my mileage, av speed, ascent/descent etc. as well as mapped where i'd ridden.
When i got home i lgged into Endomondo on my PC and all the info was already downloaded there. Pretty good. :smile:

jamin100

Guru
I have recently switched from endomondo to strava which I find better now.

It was a pain getting the past 18 months of data out of endomondo but found a python script to get half of it out and then did the rest manually..

I wouldn't bother with a paid version without at least a hrm and even with this it is marginal.

This ^^^^

ushills

Veteran
The only reason I brought endomondo pro was the ability to compete against myself and others on route or against my personal bests.

Now I have an edge 200 I don't use this function but it was useful.

uclown2002

Guru
I've only used strava and garmin connect; is the free strava as good or better than its competitors?

Just wondering whether there is any reason to add an additional upload site?

Steady

Über Member
I use Endomondo to record the ride, paid app but free account, not much real difference. I found Endomondo recording feature was much more useful than strava. Knowing whether I am ahead or behind at a certain stop point is great. At the time it was much easier to follow a route on Endomondo.

I just export it from Endomondo to Strava because I find the segments and such addictive/motivational.

I'm still waiting to get a cheap Edge 200 though having missed the other deals so far this year!

Top Bottom