Strava KOMs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
808? :ohmy:

DogmaStu

808 is an awesome amount in a short time-frame.

It has taken me 3 years to get to 405!

In my defence though, I was 51 when I joined Strava so I've had to compete with much younger cyclists. :biggrin:

OldShep

Über Member
I had one it was downhill then young men( all characters I know ^_^) came along and robbed me of it.
Not to worry I’ve got my eye on another ,downhill, one where less of them young bucks go. Tom Pidcock doesn’t ride around here. I was fifth earlier in the year and I’ve worked up to 2nd. I guess if I stumped up money I could see Im probably 5 minutes ahead of any other 70+ year olds. :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
After watching the 2018 tour of Britian stage around Nottingham stage I was able to look at Alex Dowsetts Strava ,he got just 63 Koms that day

Sallar55

Veteran
Why bother when this happens 😂

1000018255.png

The last time I cared about KOM's and leaderboards was in circa 2013. The story actually started the year before, I'd lost a KOM and when I looked the poor bloke had been hit by a car and the bike/garmin was retrieved in another car. He was quick to apologise and he told me to flag it, but I was more concerned about him and left it. November or December 2013 (a year later) I cycled down to London for a Christmas Party but arrived early so I went round the block. At least I started too, then I was hit by a car, fortunately other than a folded in half front wheel I had a lucky escape but the ride was finished in the back of an Ambulance. To let folks know I was Ok I let the mobile upload the ride but titled it "finished in the back of an Ambulance and to be cropped when I get home to a pc" (this was in the days when you could only crop stuff on the PC). This was Saturday, I got home Sunday evening to find the ride had been flagged by some sad 'b' as I'd took a 4th!

I’ve gained and then lost a few over the years. Also have a few CRs from running.

Lost one of those last year to someone who ’ran’ at a pace than few have gained them world records by a significant margin. Looking into their data it was obvious that there was significant GPS shift due to higher close buildings.

I really don’t get why people put these on Strava in the way that impacts the leaderboards as there are options not to.

Top Bottom