strava subscription

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you use it, then yes. I've stopped my subs as I'm commuting to work and riding outside !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If you use it, then yes. I've stopped my subs as I'm commuting to work and riding outside !

dont you use strava to view your outside rides ?
If your into your stats then the sub can be worth it , i sub as i like their route planner as i lead club rides and i have no sense of direction

Alex321

Veteran
is it worth it?

It depends on what you want from it.

If you want to be able to compare segment times against those you follow, or by age group, or clubs, or weight range, then you can only do so with premium nowadays.

It also gives you the "live segments" option, where segments you star will be synched to your device which will then show how you are doing against your PB (or against the KOM/QOM if you choose) while you are actually riding the segment. This does depend on your device having that ability as well though - not all do.

It gives much more analysis of your training and effort.

It gives you the ability to plan routes (though there are plenty of free apps which will also do that) and transfer them to your bike computer.

If you have the mobile app, that will also let you generate loop type routes of a given length, and hillyness.

I subscribve, and personally find it worthwhile. But it is very much an individual thing, and I can't say whether it would be worthwhile for you.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Not to me - I'd have to be cycling and earning a lot more before I'd consider it... that's not to say it might not offer acceptable value to others.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
is it worth it?

not really. I use free version and link it to veloviewer for the data analysis, which is superior to Strava's anyway . Paid strava gives you more comparison to other people / your mates for willy waving purposes, but that doesn't really interest me.

The free version shows you how much slower you are than the fastest people. I rode a 5 mile segment yesterday quite a bit slower than Dan Bigham had a while back....

Dag Hammar

Here’s a question somewhat relevant to the original question of this thread and I’m hoping someone on CC might be able to answer.
Part one : Does anyone have a Beeline Velo ?
Part two : Will the Beeline Velo sync with Strava if Strava is the free version or will the two items only work together with a subscription ?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I dont have a beeline velo, but all the strava subscription does is give you access to more of the data analysis, especially other peoples data, including segment times etc etc.

so if the beeline velo, which I believe is a simplified bike computer, says its compatible with strava, you will be able to upload your ride data to the free strava version, it doesnt require a subscription.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I discovered today that as a paid-up Strava subscriber I get free insurance cover for any devices I use to record my riding, should they become damaged in use. It'll also pay for a taxi should my bike become unrideable en route. As always, it's something I hope I'll never need but it's another little bonus.

Top Bottom