Strava Summit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickAKA

Über Member
A HRM and Cadence Sensor would enhance your training no doubt fairly cheaply. A power meter would be the ultimate, but is cost restrictive to me. Strava gives you ‘thumb sucked’ power estimates which are a little useful.

The power readings on my smart trainer are accurate.

The strava power estimates are reasonable unless you're riding in a gale... You can spot those tailwind days a mile off when you drill down into your segment stats.
The prices of power meters are gradually coming down, the latest version of the 'powerpod' is about £200 so it's only a matter of time until they hit a level that a lot of people will seriously consider buying one. I would imagine there'll be units in development that will break the £150 level which is probably where I'd cave in & buy one.
Having a HRM is probably the most cost effective tool if you're training though, even with strava basic you can learn a lot about your fitness level & improvements with that data allied to speed & distance.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
I have live track via my Garmin Edge 25 (granted I had to pay for that but got it half price). Did have a month`s worth of Strava Premium before but didnt reallu use it - and there`s a heap of stuff on basic strava that I don`t use. Don`t even get me started on the stuff I don`t use on Veloviewer lol

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was on premium and now seem to be on Summit . If its a down grade then thats not really on .

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I was on premium and now seem to be on Summit . If its a down grade then thats not really on .

Exactly the same.

Endomondo (similar to strava has live tracking in the free version, configurable with various privacy levels. It also has pep talks, where someone can type on messages of encouragement and - if you want - your phone can speak those messages to you.

Running strava and endomondo at the same time works fine.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My first live segments experience this morning... Worked better than I anticipated it would! Couple of PRs so it does the job...
I tried it for a while, but was convinced it was causing the Garmin to crash. When I was coming up to a junction and there was a live segment going one way but I wanted to go the other, rather than reverting to the normal data screen it would suddenly shut down instead. Stopped live segments and it hasn't done it since.

nickAKA

Über Member
I tried it for a while, but was convinced it was causing the Garmin to crash. When I was coming up to a junction and there was a live segment going one way but I wanted to go the other, rather than reverting to the normal data screen it would suddenly shut down instead. Stopped live segments and it hasn't done it since.

Will see if I have similar issues on the bolt... There were 2 overlapping segments on the ride but that all went ok...

Top Bottom