Strava thicky.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
To be honest I think both her and the numpty earlier are showing a bit of contempt to the tax payer.

Drago

Legendary Member
The tax payer didn't pay for their holidays, so I can't see why the contempt should be reserved for them.

The cyclist bloke was caught out as a big lying fibber, nothing to do with any notional tax payer.

The female sergeant hasn't fibbed or owt, and is a part time officer who'd exceeded her regulation sick pay limit and was off work on unpaid sick leave. I know this because a mate of mine who transferred out to Leics and knows her. Again, the tax payer isn't giving her a penny.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
The tax payer didn't pay for their holidays, so I can't see why the contempt should be reserved for them.

The cyclist bloke was caught out as a big lying fibber, nothing to do with any notional tax payer.

The female sergeant hasn't fibbed or owt, and is a part time officer who'd exceeded her regulation sick pay limit and was off work on unpaid sick leave. I know this because a mate of mine who transferred out to Leics and knows her. Again, the tax payer isn't giving her a penny.

I think it is the point that they are getting paid whilst taking extended leave, even the guys working with them were not happy about that.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

How dare you bring facts into a witch hunt, there's people trying to act indignant on here !

winjim

Smash the cistern
All very well for those in a job and maybe getting sick pay, not so good for many others who if they took a holiday would increase their stress levels.
Of course everybody's circumstances are different, but just because she's on holiday it doesn't automatically follow that she's malingering.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Reminds me of the Durham copper who was too sick to sit behind a desk at Bishop Auckland police station, but was fit enough to be a linesman at a Premier League football match.

"Therapeutic" the force said, in the same weasly words way as we've seen in this thread.

Then there was the still murky incident of the brand new Durham Police BMW caught speeding in Edinburgh on a weekend.

That was because the officer had to practice pursuits on different types of roads, despite being a County Durham copper.

It had nothing to do with the copper's son being at a private school in Edinburgh, and it being the first week of term.

Creating about the most feather-bedded job there is in terms of employment conditions also creates plenty of opportunities for lead swinging.

No doubt most coppers play the game, or at least manage to avoid being caught.

Top Bottom