Strava V's My Cycling Log

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lanzecki

Über Member
AS the subject says really.

I get Strava, run the iPhone or Andriod app, log the ride, setup a few segments that you do a lot, have price in beating your PB by 3 seconds.

Then watch some git beat the PB by 3 minutes and average a speed that you've never touched downhill with ya bum in the air. That's the nature of competition based logging.

I've seen mention of mycyclinglog.com, and I'm interested. But are they mutually exclusive?

on the road

Über Member
I use both, My Cycling Log is just mainly for logging of rides.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I log on Endomondo as well as Strava. It is less competitive and gives you a wider range of stats. There is a Cyclechat group that has a monthly and yearly mileage challenge. I haven't joined the mycycling log group although I did log for CC on the old Cyclogs site before its demise.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've just joined Strava for fun(not done any rides yet) but I plan to continue using mycyclinglog. Mainly because I've always had problems with the accuracy of GPS apps. At least using my bike computer and mycyclinglog, I know I'm accurate.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
mycyclinglog keeps all my rides; it's a nice, easy record which compliments the spreadsheet I keep.

Strava's used for non-commuting/non-general rides for me and I don't chase segments - life's too busy to do that.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
AS the subject says really.

I get Strava, run the iPhone or Andriod app, log the ride, setup a few segments that you do a lot, have price in beating your PB by 3 seconds.

Then watch some git beat the PB by 3 minutes and average a speed that you've never touched downhill with ya bum in the air. That's the nature of competition based logging.

I've seen mention of mycyclinglog.com, and I'm interested. But are they mutually exclusive?
I used mycycling log but frankly was so disappointed by my recent upload (it converted all my dates into US jargon) that I've kinda given up altogether now.

I'll get an edge soon and will use Strava...I think.

Reactions: gaz
OP
OP
Lanzecki

Lanzecki

Über Member
I like stats. Possibly obsessively. But I'm in Ireland so my dates are the right way around. I'll give it a lash I guess. See what it can do.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Strava is so addictive

Is the reason I won't join.
MyCyclingLog is addictive enough without have to worry about segments and KOM's.

defy-one

I use my Garmin 200 and Strava. Addictive and demoralising at times .... Especially when some toad has recorded his segment using a motorised vehicle or is a real member of team SKY !

I use my Garmin 200 and Strava. Addictive and demoralising at times .... Especially when some toad has recorded his segment using a motorised vehicle or is a real member of team SKY !
Yeah, on one section my nearly 21mph KOM was beaten by a Rapha rider at over 22mph (I'm cool with that) but when I first glanced we were both smashed by somebody at nearly 28mph, on closer look with a top speed of 50.8mph I think there's a high chance they were on a motorbike, however with an overall average of 6.8mph I don't think they are in Team Sky. Flagged ;)

defy-one

If someone is 12mph faster than me over a 1 mile sprint .... I would love to meet them. No - really i would!

Top Bottom