Strava - what-if you move from paid to free?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeIow

Guru
Considering trying the paid Strava, in part to monitor/record more closely my Pandemic Pedal!
I see they encourage paying for a year at £48, versus £7 for monthly payments. Of course they do!

I may well sign up for the year - maybe I will get more out of it over time - but I am wondering: what happens to 'old data' if/when you move from paid to free?
Can you still see the detail of the rides from the time you were on the paid subscription?
Or do you revert to just seeing the latest rides in order?

(or is it like the Hotel California: you can check-in, but you can never check-out!)
Oh yes: are there any codes to reduce the cost!?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can still see your older rides, but lose the premium features.

OP
OP
mikeIow

mikeIow

Guru
You can still see your older rides, but lose the premium features.
Thanks!
I guess since I haven't had the paid version, I don't know what the features will give me.....maybe I will pay for 1-2 months, see how they go. An extra £3-5 for the taster. Unless anyone has a discount code :rolleyes:

Sorry I don't have any discount codes, but they do run promotions every so often. I usually wait until they do and then sign-up for a year and then let it expire until the next promotion.

No data is lost/ when you go from paid -> free, you just don't get to see all the premium performance stats any more. As soon as you sign-up again you see all stats for all rides.

I find it useful esp in winter to keep track of fitness, bit of extra motivation to go out and keep the level above my target etc.

You can always get the first month (sometimes two) for free. I think you have to give credit card details at the outset. Try it for a month. Then cancel it. See what you loose that you would prefer to keep and then decide if you want to pay for a year.

OP
OP
mikeIow

mikeIow

Guru
I've had the free for quite some time - not spotted any offers, so doubtful it will land by tomorrow!
I'll probably pay for a month and see how it looks.
Thanks all!

Top Bottom