Strava - WOW !

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Arjimlad, 1 Aug 2012.

1. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

I'd been using Endomondo without any complaints on my HTC Explorer, but thought I would give Strava a go today. I downloaded the app last night.

Uploading my ride today, and some previous ride data from Endomondo and - wow - I'm suddenly racing against other people on various "segments" of my various routes to & from work !

On one part of my route I am 9th out of 95 riders, which is somewhat gratifying.

A whole new world of exciting cycle racing has opened up to me. New motivation to give it some extra beans on the way to work... good job there's a shower.

2. It is great isn't it :smile: This has turned up in Brisbane :smile:

wmcvnq.jpg

sgllyd.jpg

Andrew

HLaB, matthat, triangles and 7 others like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Arjimlad

Fantastic...
    Perhaps we should petition the local authorities here to design & mark roads accordingly !

4. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

:biggrin: that's so cool

5. thefollen

thefollen Über Member

Downloading now!

6. OP
    OP
    Arjimlad

I exported ride data as .gpx from endomondo online & uploaded it from my pc into strava. One ride at a time, unfortunately, but it's been very interesting to see what little race segments others have set up, and which I have passed through.

7. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

8. YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon Über Member

This is the first Ive heard about strava really

Am I the only one worried and concerned we have cyclist racing each other that could be unlicensed and uninsured on our roads or is it just me ?

Sounds a bit like Alleycat racing but on a very large scale ?

9. YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon Über Member

Can't see that happening some how

10. OP
    OP
    Arjimlad

I ride to work as fast as I can on country roads, mainly, then I look up the data and see how fast I have gone - & strava lets me see how I've fared against saved data from others... bit like ghost data on Mario Kart on the Wii..

Col5632 likes this.
  11. thefollen

thefollen Über Member

Popped a few .gpx files from Endomondo up there myself. Brilliant to see the segments people have set up, will add a few of my own. Can't wait to start drilling those times down with the segment in mind!

12. Already happened ... really cannot blame the app for the stupidity of people but.

Andrew

13. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Silly commuter racing you mean ? It happened before, the only difference with this is that it records your time now

Crackle and on the road like this.
  14. rob andrew

rob andrew Member

Hey Arjimlad... Could you please let me know how you managed to transfer data from Endomondo to Strava? I have always used endomondo but want to switch!

15. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Save ride from Endomondo as a .tcx file to your computer. Then on Strava, go to "upload activity" top right of screen, "upload a file on your computer" and then select the tcx file

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice