Strava - WOW !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'd been using Endomondo without any complaints on my HTC Explorer, but thought I would give Strava a go today. I downloaded the app last night.

Uploading my ride today, and some previous ride data from Endomondo and - wow - I'm suddenly racing against other people on various "segments" of my various routes to & from work !

On one part of my route I am 9th out of 95 riders, which is somewhat gratifying.

A whole new world of exciting cycle racing has opened up to me. New motivation to give it some extra beans on the way to work... good job there's a shower.

It is great isn't it :smile: This has turned up in Brisbane :smile:

wmcvnq.jpg

sgllyd.jpg

Andrew

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I exported ride data as .gpx from endomondo online & uploaded it from my pc into strava. One ride at a time, unfortunately, but it's been very interesting to see what little race segments others have set up, and which I have passed through.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
This is the first Ive heard about strava really

Am I the only one worried and concerned we have cyclist racing each other that could be unlicensed and uninsured on our roads or is it just me ?

Sounds a bit like Alleycat racing but on a very large scale ?

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Fantastic...
Perhaps we should petition the local authorities here to design & mark roads accordingly !

Can't see that happening some how

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I ride to work as fast as I can on country roads, mainly, then I look up the data and see how fast I have gone - & strava lets me see how I've fared against saved data from others... bit like ghost data on Mario Kart on the Wii..

thefollen

Veteran
Popped a few .gpx files from Endomondo up there myself. Brilliant to see the segments people have set up, will add a few of my own. Can't wait to start drilling those times down with the segment in mind!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
This is the first Ive heard about strava really

Am I the only one worried and concerned we have cyclist racing each other that could be unlicensed and uninsured on our roads or is it just me ?

Sounds a bit like Alleycat racing but on a very large scale ?
Silly commuter racing you mean ? It happened before, the only difference with this is that it records your time now

rob andrew

I'd been using Endomondo without any complaints on my HTC Explorer, but thought I would give Strava a go today. I downloaded the app last night.

Uploading my ride today, and some previous ride data from Endomondo and - wow - I'm suddenly racing against other people on various "segments" of my various routes to & from work !

On one part of my route I am 9th out of 95 riders, which is somewhat gratifying.

A whole new world of exciting cycle racing has opened up to me. New motivation to give it some extra beans on the way to work... good job there's a shower.

Hey Arjimlad... Could you please let me know how you managed to transfer data from Endomondo to Strava? I have always used endomondo but want to switch!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hey Arjimlad... Could you please let me know how you managed to transfer data from Endomondo to Strava? I have always used endomondo but want to switch!

Save ride from Endomondo as a .tcx file to your computer. Then on Strava, go to "upload activity" top right of screen, "upload a file on your computer" and then select the tcx file

Top Bottom