Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

I've downloaded the Strava app onto my phone. One of my friends has it too and he posts his trip details onto Facebook with it. I also have a Garmin Edge 200 cycling computer thingy!

The thing is: I'm hopeless with technology - how do I use the Strava app to record and then post on Facebook? Do I use it in conjunction/sync with my Garmin or do I use it on its own on my phone using my 4g data (obviously with GPS enabled).

Thanks for all your help.

J

Joffey

Big Dosser
You need to sync your Garmin Connect account with Strava. Once you have done this when you upload your ride to Garmin Connect it will automatically sync to Strava. From Strava you can then share it on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
You need to sync your Garmin Connect account with Strava. Once you have done this when you upload your ride to Garmin Connect it will automatically sync to Strava. From Strava you can then share it on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Thanks for that - how do I sync my Garmin Connect account with Strava?

13 rider

Guru
The mobile app on your phone should automatically upload your ride to strava if it has WiFi . You are recording the ride twice on your phone and the Garman I find the mobile app easier then using Garmin connect for the garmin . Log onto to strava.com then there is a share button which will link to Facebook don't do it myself but not completely sure how this works but you can link Facebook to strava
Edit also look at relive.com this links to strava and draws a map of where you've been

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi @Glasgow44 :welcome:
You can link your Strava account to FB, it's under the Strava settings somewhere.
But if you do this all the rides uploaded on Strava (either via Garmin connect or via the mobile app) will appear on FB automatically.
If you don't want that, just manually share the rides you want.

Ajax Bay

Guru
all the rides uploaded on Strava (either via Garmin connect or via the mobile app) will appear on FB automatically.
Consider the personal security aspects if you cycle from home.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Strava doesn't use the data on your phone until you upload the ride. It only uses the GPS. As Ajax said, consider you security and set a privacy zone, and maybe only start/stop Strava recording a distance away from your home.

Top Bottom