Strawberrys. How do you eat them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Chopped up and then buried under a pile of very thick whipped cream - lovely! :mrpig:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
As fruit, off the stalk. No added sugar or cream. I might try them with black pepper. They're good with mint but I rarely seem to have fresh mint at the same time as strawberries.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I love strawberries. Either chop the tops off and cut them in half/quarters depending on the size. Sometimes as they are, or sometimes with dairy free cream. Even better with cream and mirangue (if that's how you spell it).

I've never tried them with pepper and don't really want to

PK99

Legendary Member
Yesterday I did a simple fruit salad of Honey Mango* and Strawberry. No additions needed!

Strwbs are wonderful macerated for an hour or few with a drizzle of really good thick Balsamic vinegar and finished with a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper. And even a spritz of Maldon sea salt for a crunchy high note.

* Honey mango - it is Mango Season! Fresh mangos imported from India and Pakistan - so very different and so much nicer than normal UK supermarket mangos. £12 for a box of 6 in local sub-continent food shops.

Sharky

Guru
Takes me back to when my sister had an exchange German lass stay with us. Just nearby, there was a farm which did PYO strawberries. I think they eat more than they actually bagged. Anyway, shortly after they got home, the German girl came out in red blotches. Turns out she was allergic to strawberries, poor thing.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think they eat more than they actually bagged.
Our local PYO often found empty cream containers in the field, along with disposable dishes & spoons, it got so bad that he stopped allowing people into the fields & would just sell punnets from a stall.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I don’t, mildly allergic. I might have a couple if on a dessert but I always regret it!
Used to eat off the stalk or with cream or vanilla ice cream. Eton Mess another option if wanting a proper dessert

Same.. I usually eat them straight off the stalk with nothing else other than a sense of trepidation and impending doom..

Never turn my nose up to Eton Mess though.

Sadly it seems I'm allergic to all the fun / flavoursome fruits; leaving only the bland tasteless stuff. Like bloody pears 👎

Top Bottom