Stretching advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz71

Über Member
Can anyone give me any advice on stretches to loosen up my groin.Its got to a point where im struggling to bend my leg enough to tie my laces up and even get on my bike.Its driving me mad!

vickster

Legendary Member
If it’s so bad, maybe pay to see a Sports Physio for professional advice, probably around £50 for an assessment

It may not be solely a groin issue

PaulSB

Legendary Member
In July I began to experience stiffness down my left side From my neck, shoulder blade, chest area around heart, (I had a heart attack two years ago) upper and lower arm, hip, knee, shin and ankle and began to pronate and limp noticeably. I’m 63 and the right side felt great.

I was convinced heart investigations were needed.

GP firmly said “It’s not your heart,” and referred me to a podiatrist who sorted the problem up to the hip. The podiatrist referred me to a physio who solved the problem from the neck down.

The issues? Fallen arch and tight neck muscles. The neck issue most likely caused by a combination of new bike and lots of extra miles in retirement.

The point being the professionals know what to look for..........

I was about to say hip.
I had this, ignored it - it developed into serious ass pain and kept me of the bike for 3 years.
What happened was that my hamstrings had got so tight - the the hamstring started to fray away from the insertion point of the pelvis (ouch) - Also the tightness of the hip had caused some arthritis in the hip.
So my advice echo's that earlier in the thread. Pay and see a good physio. Failing that do some hip workouts (lots of bridges) - and make sure to stretch those hamstrings post ride. I am in my 50's now and find yoga sessions invaluable at keeping these niggles at bay.

Top Bottom