Strewth it is chilly out there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just nipped out for a quick 20mins circling uni to clear my head and whoa is it cold!

My trusty Altura softshell jacket kept my torso warm, but my jeans were letting some windage though them! My fingers turned to ice in about 2 mins flat.

Was really nice to be out, everything still and calm, just whooshing along in the sodium glow of the streetlights. Being very cold added to it I think, as it gave me a sense of cycling in a bubble of warmth once I'd put a little heat into myself. The roads were dry too, so I didn't have ice to worry about.

If anyone has the chance to nip out for a little 20minute jaunt, it is lovely and refreshing.

domtyler

Über Member
Went out in the car at around 7pm and it said 2oC on the thermometer.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I had a short cycle home from work at around 1915, it was flippin' freezing on my exposed face and ears but the rest of me was toasty. Puddles were frozen solid though so a little care was required.
I agree, nice atmosphere being out in these conditions.

Fab Foodie said:
I had a short cycle home from work at around 1915, it was flippin' freezing on my exposed face and ears but the rest of me was toasty. Puddles were frozen solid though so a little care was required.
I agree, nice atmosphere being out in these conditions.

Yeah, bad winter that year.

Melvil

Try Scotland - snow last saturday, ice on the roads and pavements, wind so cold it doesn't blow through you, it physically assaults you...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

domtyler

Über Member
Melvil said:
Try Scotland - snow last saturday, ice on the roads and pavements, wind so cold it doesn't blow through you, it physically assaults you...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nah, you're alright thanks! ;)

papercorn2000

Melvil said:

I had to walk about 1/2 a mile this morning as the road was a sheet of ice! May have to risk the main road tomorrow.

barq

Yeah I went out for just under an hour this evening. Off-road on the top of the North Downs it is freezing nicely. But I'm not complaining because I came back a lot less muddy than on Sunday.

God bless my Lusso Repel tights and Lupine lights. ;)

papercorn2000

Ooh yeah, gave the Ayups their first airing tonight! I was stopped behind a car at the lights and I'm sure that I could actually see through the metal of his car they were so bright!

Abitrary

No choice when commuting. Couldn't find my riding gloves this morning (think I left them in a pub somewhere), so improvised with:

-on my right hand, an ancient woolly glove I found at the top of the cupboard
-on my left hand, a leg warmer, that kept on getting dangling and trapped in the brake shifters

Top Bottom