Stricly Come Dancing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5349179, member: 9609"]I guess they will still be having that deeply irritating same tempo clapping along with every piece of music, why do they destroy the programme with that ? - I wonder, do people watch it at home sitting on thier sofas clapping along like demented seals,
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

i don't know why they don't go the whole hog and get Chris Evans to present it - his screaming over excited voice would fit in just perfect.[/QUOTE]
Strictly AND Chris Evans. Suicide rates would jump dramatically

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Yeah, they'll do that, considering last years had the highest average viewing figures since it started 14 years ago. Think you may need to rethink your parameters for tired and needs retiring.

I didn't know that, but its still crap IMO.

matiz

Guru
It started off innocently enough years ago a hour or so on a Saturday night,then they put a half hour evening catch up show on then then the morning phil & Holly type shows give us all the very latest gossip, and you can't buy a newspaper without pictures of whos sneaking out of whos hotel at 4 in the morning it's like a madness takes over the whole country.

Jimidh

Veteran
Serious amount of sneering over an early evening light entertainment show - the like of which we’ve had for as long as I can remember.

It isn’t selling itself as anything other than family entertainment.

I like shows like this and the bake off as they are very few shows that I can sit down with my youngest daughter (12 now) and watch. She likes them, I like watching them with her. They are decent quality for what they are.

If you want to watch truly mind numbing TV go up the Sky Channels and find various gypsy baiting shows, various other trailer park nonsense, and a myriad of wedding dress shows then you’ll be see why decent shows like Strictly have their place.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I didn't know that, but its still crap IMO.
I've read between the lines and think I've figured out what you you think of it, there's an awful lot of people that love it though. Another fun fact for you, the format has been sold to 50 countries across 5 continents, mind that was 2016 so it could be more now.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I do like the show as does MrsP, but I do find the drip drip of who the contestants are going to be a bit boring. So far I don't know who the first 3 are.

pawl

Legendary Member
Thank god for Netflix.

It is as it should be, us old duffers will be delighted when we realise we've heard of 3 or more of the contestants - so far, Cat from Red Dwarf is the only one I know.

Top Bottom