Strictly 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
So who will be watching this year ?
Pretty sure my other half will be so i guess i will to a degree
Not sure who is who
But i do know that Anton Du Beke is now judging ^_^

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Mrs SJ watches it. I retire to another room.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
If you don't like dancing, you probably won't like Strictly - the clue's in the name. :laugh:

And if you do like dancing, it's best watched as a recording - the training and performance sequences probably account for about 15% of the -programme, the rest is just padding that is asking to be fast forwarded through.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Mrs @BoldonLad is a fan. I will no doubt see "snatches" as I bring her food and drinks, and generally play "waiter".

I know only one of the "celebrities" (Dan Snow), the rest, no idea who they are.

You would have thought that I would watch it religiously since my "other" hobby is Latin and Ballroom Dancing with my missus. However neither of us was ever interested in watching it until last year. People at the dance school I go to, said you have to watch Bill Bailey so we watched it last time just to watch him and basically see how he compared to my faintly apalling standard of dancing as I am just a few years older than him. This year my missus wants to watch it again this time just to see the guy from McFly ( she is at their concert in Wembley tonight).
I think strictly gives the wrong idea of what Latin Ballroom is really like compared to the normal people I dance with, we make slow progress as we don't get the hours of intense personal attention they do and can take us years to get to the standard they do in seemingly a few weeks.
However I do very much appreciate the effort and practice they must have put in to get to the standard some of them do get to.

Top Bottom