Strictly 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
I used to watch “Come Danicng” with my Nana when she came to visit in the summer.
Strictly is less appealing due to the “celebrity” content.
Do love the Charleston though!

I like it, we do use the fast forward function a lot to skip the padding. It takes a few weeks to see which celebrity is actually a real person. First few weeks are a bit dire until the real clunkers go out.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My wife watches it without fail. So it's at this time of year that I buy some jigsaws and Lego sets, and sit quietly in the corner on Saturday nights trying to ignore it.

I actually used to really like it myself when it it was still fresh, I liked hearing the judges talking about what details they look for in a particular dance, how they score it based on technique, the insight into a world I didn't know about. It's been dumbed down now however and it's just pantomime these days. Standing ovations for everyone, Bruno's acting up, the obligatory booing of any judge who offers constructive criticism rather than gushing praise. You might as well go and watch Aladdin at the Portsmouth Guildhall.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I admitted to my wife that my favourite bit is watching the dancers run up the stairs...

I guess I will burn in hell for that

Not good for the blood pressure watching that ;)

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Mrs B and daughter 2 used to watch it. The last series saw the cracks previously appearing in their watching habits, finally produce more meaningful crevasses. And so far 🤞
Previously I just put on head phones and watched stuff online while it was on. I couldn't stand the what seemed to me to be the faux enthusiasm of the audience and OTT performances of the judges.

I suspect that more people are aware of what happens after the end of each series and it has nothing to do with dancing. In that it has been rather consistent over the years.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Watched all last night's show , still wouldn't have a clue who most of the celebrity's and are never mind which one's are going to be good dancer's or not

Top Bottom