Strictly 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just out of curiosity has anybody seen the film on which the title is based?

Do you mean Strictly Ballroom https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_Ballroom

If so then no i have not watched it

stephec

Legendary Member
When it comes to the definition of celebrity the barrel was well and truly scraped with the inclusion of Andy Murray's mam. 😂

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Tonight is the first week of dancing .

Having done a bit of thinking i am going to name my two favourites who are

Greg Wise
AJ Odudu bit of a wildcard i think but we will see

carpiste

Guru
I have seen it on the tv when MrsC has watched it but I`ve never actually watched myself. All those so called celebrity types do nothing for me thanks. If you really like dance that much you should probably try to get the BBC to bring back the old "Come dancing"
I couldn`t believe the BBC morning news show had this drivel on the headlines!
Even MrsC is getting bored now and I`m not sure she will bother.....I certainly won`t!

keithmac

Guru
I admitted to my wife that my favourite bit is watching the dancers run up the stairs...

I guess I will burn in hell for that

I tried a similar tactic the other year in an attempt to get it turned off, it didn't work :laugh:.

Got told off my headphones were on too loud tonight wile my wife and daughter were watching this dross, bloomin outnumbered now..

Mrs Salad watched, aided by headphones to listen to all the drivel being spouted by the judges and Contestants, whilst I caught up on some YouTube videos, and sent a few emails to chums.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm an occasional watcher.

The panel looks flat to me.

Shirley Ballas has little in the way of personality, although the other lass is slightly better in that respect.

Revel whatshisname is good value, but I reckon Bruno will be a big miss.

carpiste

Guru
This and GBBO, what's not to like?
So called celebrities trying to recover what little hope they have of getting back their fame, professional dancers hoping for fame, grovelling judges, even more grovelling female hosts, one host nobody can really understand, one who seems to enjoy pulling silly faces.... so called celebrities and their partners taking over the BBC news because they seem to think nothing else in the World matters! the show takes up weeks of the schedule right up until Christmas! People voting for their favourite personality or the best person to laugh at stays in and not the best dancers (Anne Widdicombe was mentioned but there`s more)
Like "strictly" the GBBO mentioned is the great British bake off. Shortening a name to make it sound more friendly doesn`t work with me!
People plucked off the street with " personality" who look odd or sound odd and can`t bake! Judges grovelling over.... oh yes said that!
Hosts trying to come up with some new and funny way of saying..." let`s bake"
Even the great pottery showdown has lost some of its appeal. It was great to start with but already the formula is beginning to become a little boring. Host cries, host has got to cry every episode.... contestants make things out of clay.... host makes sexual innuendos wen contestants have to stretch a length of clay for a pot handle....
What on Earth will they do when a contestant gets bitten by a deadly snake in the jungle and dies? What will they do when a dancer or celebrity dies from COVID? What will they say when a kiln explodes or a kitchen tent goes up in flames with everyone trapped?
Now that will be a newsworthy event for the BBC!
^_^;)

Top Bottom