Strictly 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The missus recorded the show and we watched it back and I think the producers have made a mistake, they were all too good!. Having taken up Latin Ballroom nearly 3 years ago I thought the standard was extremely high, ok they padded out some of the routines with "moving to the music in a way reflecting the beat and theme but not actual technical steps" but both Tangos were very recognizable with stuff I am taught. The choregraphing was very much a story line ( unlike amateur competition)but presentation of it was very high.
The knock on effect is my missus has now twice suggested we give up as we will never end up looking like any of them on the dance floor. However I have persuaded her to stay as we are no worse than the other " old shufflers" we learn with.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Strictly is hilarious when they try to turn salsa (which is essentially a street dance) into a ballroom discipline. Every professional seems to have his/her own idea about what goes, and they all manage to miss the point completely.

Venod

Eh up
This thread will allow me to have my annual rant.

It's day time TV and shouldn't be on at prime viewing time, it shouldn't be promoted on the news or become a news item, I learnt from the news that a couple of contestants had got covid, should that be on the news? so have thousands of other people.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My wife watches it without fail. So it's at this time of year that I buy some jigsaws and Lego sets, and sit quietly in the corner on Saturday nights trying to ignore it.

I actually used to really like it myself when it it was still fresh, I liked hearing the judges talking about what details they look for in a particular dance, how they score it based on technique, the insight into a world I didn't know about. It's been dumbed down now however and it's just pantomime these days. Standing ovations for everyone, Bruno's acting up, the obligatory booing of any judge who offers constructive criticism rather than gushing praise. You might as well go and watch Aladdin at the Portsmouth Guildhall.
he's not been on it for 2yrs now.......last year he was replaced by a celebrity judge each week and this year he's been replaced by Anton du beke

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So called celebrities trying to recover what little hope they have of getting back their fame, professional dancers hoping for fame, grovelling judges, even more grovelling female hosts, one host nobody can really understand, one who seems to enjoy pulling silly faces.... so called celebrities and their partners taking over the BBC news because they seem to think nothing else in the World matters! the show takes up weeks of the schedule right up until Christmas! People voting for their favourite personality or the best person to laugh at stays in and not the best dancers (Anne Widdicombe was mentioned but there`s more)
Like "strictly" the GBBO mentioned is the great British bake off. Shortening a name to make it sound more friendly doesn`t work with me!
People plucked off the street with " personality" who look odd or sound odd and can`t bake! Judges grovelling over.... oh yes said that!
Hosts trying to come up with some new and funny way of saying..." let`s bake"
Even the great pottery showdown has lost some of its appeal. It was great to start with but already the formula is beginning to become a little boring. Host cries, host has got to cry every episode.... contestants make things out of clay.... host makes sexual innuendos wen contestants have to stretch a length of clay for a pot handle....
What on Earth will they do when a contestant gets bitten by a deadly snake in the jungle and dies? What will they do when a dancer or celebrity dies from COVID? What will they say when a kiln explodes or a kitchen tent goes up in flames with everyone trapped?
Now that will be a newsworthy event for the BBC!
^_^;)
I didn't know anyone could get so upset over light entertainment

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ding ding round 2 so who will be first to go

Top Bottom