Strictly 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I moan about it every year so I don't think this year should be an exception, if its you thing then enjoy it, but why is it constantly rammed down our throats on news programmes etc, its a tired format and needs relegating to daytime TV IMO, not hogging weekend prime viewing time, of course I don't have to watch, it won't be on in our house.

Got to agree, it’s Saturday evening light entertainment, yet it gets rammed down your throat by BBC news, it’s imho about 60% waffle and filler, Mrs DRM enjoys it, yet would rather record it and fast forward all of that and just watch the dancing and the panels criticism of each dance.
Out of interest is there a BBC News presenter bod on this year, there usually is, it was being pushed by BBC News at 07:30 this morning
Edit: Just noticed 9:00 am Saturday 24/09 there’s a Blue Peter Strictly Come Dancing special on, talk about overkill!

Last edited:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
The way it destroys marriages and relationships is truly sad. We are all sensitive to the touch and the rest is all biology. So it's a pass.

Less to do with the dancing angle, more to do with spending so much time in proximity to an attractive member of the opposite sex.

Lots of people up and down the country manage to get up close and personal (Argentine tango, bachata, kizomba, etc) without such complications.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Less to do with the dancing angle, more to do with spending so much time in proximity to an attractive member of the opposite sex.

That's why I will only dance with my (very attractive) wife. I really don't want to lead any other attractive women off of the straight and narrow. 😁😁😁

geocycle

Legendary Member
Wish I could dance, never managed arms and legs at the same time. I’ve not watched strictly for years although I saw one edition last year and the standard was much higher than when Darren Gough was winning it. It’s a bit like bake off, in the beginning you could relate to the standard of the bakers and make a reasonable attempt at a comparable cake but they have all got way too good.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Ah, it's that time of year when I do a lot of jigsaws on a Saturday!

I used to watch it and enjoy it actually, when Len used to explain what the judges were looking for in the scoring of each dance, when you got more of an insight into ballroom dancing, it was interesting. The dancing is actually still good sometimes, but it's long been spoiled by all the endless filler, the endless Tess Daly, the soap opera storylines and backstories, the perpetual extramarital affairs, pantomime villain Craig and the mandatory booing of him whether he makes a fair assessment or not, the mandatory standing ovations for everyone. Formulaic, stale old crap.

Top Bottom