Strines ride (just outside Peaks) Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Back to the Strines Ride :smile:

I've been reminded told that I've got a Christening to go to on 6th Sept so am now only free w/e's of 12/13th and 26/27th.

iLB

Hello there
i'm in sheffield from the 20th september on ;)

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I can certainly get your some if you want Aperitif.

bonj2

Aperitif said:
Hello Al - thoughts are on a trip. It would be interesting to see the beautiful countryside featured in the ride report photos from that area. Coming?

yeah you should come too Macbludge, you'd love the gradual undulations of the mortimer road and the lovely gentle climb from low bradfield to high bradfield. ;) :

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
bonj said:
yeah you should come too Macbludge, you'd love the gradual undulations of the mortimer road and the lovely gentle climb from low bradfield to high bradfield. ;) :

giving it serious thought, suspect that this could be a tougher ride than anything I've taken on yet, so that is a little daunting. I also need to consider my ability to keep up, I know Teef would look after me, but one doesn't like to 'take the piss'. Far more daunting is the plan I am beginning to hatch in order to secure a 'pass' for the trip.

Teef, you're not having any crazy ideas like cycling there and back are you, I was assuming we'd be letting the train take the strain(or the car I suppose).

bonj2

MacB said:
giving it serious thought, suspect that this could be a tougher ride than anything I've taken on yet, so that is a little daunting. I also need to consider my ability to keep up, I know Teef would look after me, but one doesn't like to 'take the piss'. Far more daunting is the plan I am beginning to hatch in order to secure a 'pass' for the trip.

Teef, you're not having any crazy ideas like cycling there and back are you, I was assuming we'd be letting the train take the strain(or the car I suppose).

wouldn't worry too much about keeping up - it's a social ride really not a race, i'm sure the faster ones will wait for the slower. main thing is to make usre you're appropriately fed, geared, and tyred ;)

mike e

Be very afraid Mac and Teef, there be big scary hills oop north don't you know, especially around Sheffield. You can't cycle more than 100yds on the flat..;)

If you decide catch the train, check out:-

www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com which run trains from Kings Cross to Doncaster (easy connection to Sheffield)

or

www.eastmidlandtrains.co.uk which run trains direct from St Pancras to Sheffield

Either way you will need to book your bike on the train as well.

Top Bottom