Strines ride (just outside Peaks) Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's looking like the 26th or 27th of September from what people have said and the Peaks Audax being the week before. I was considering putting a poll up but demand seems to be 2nd half of September.

The starting point would probably be the giant urinal sculpture outside Sheffield Railway Station. This is for other people coming outside of the city and Sheffield lost it's urban railway stations - there isn't one anywhere near Strines. As for time, that would depend on how far away people are coming. Another meet up would point might be Hillsborough Park/SWFC this would still be good for some people and can be reached by pootling along from the railway station in about 15 mins.

As for starting time, the trains, particularly eastmidlands from London are very slow, that'd certainly be factored in.

7:55 Saturday gets into Shef at 10:11 - return train could leave at 19:27 to arrive at St Panc. 21:41. No stops. First Class internet fare = £38 (Std = £34!)

Going to do it anyone? Of course, given the times, the ride needs to be tailored to fit the Southern softies who need to rush home to their comfort blankets and hot water bottles before they change into pumpkins at midnight but hey!:laugh:

Anyone interested in a day trip? I did think of Travelodge but I'm only silly - not a sadist.

Oh - and this clashes with an Auntie Helen ride down South...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'd be up for it, but can only make the Sunday 27th out of dates being proposed & the train services are pretty poor on Sundays. Could be in Sheffield for 10 past 10 :laugh:

marinyork
bonj
longers
dan bo
colly
hulver
soltydog
MacB
topcat1
Aperitif
mike e? (Although it is probably not far enough from Hull to bother...:tongue: xx( )
ilovebikesfresher
Start time: 10:30, 11:00?

Duration?

Do-able on fixed? :biggrin:

Weather: Warm, rain free and tailing breeze at times...

Café stop: Debenhams in the Sheff. Precinct? Armed guard for the bikes?

Parking for LWB Trafic (posse wagon) please?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Aperitif said:
marinyork
bonj
longers
dan bo
colly
hulver
soltydog
MacB
topcat1
Aperitif
mike e? (Although it is probably not far enough from Hull to bother...:biggrin: :smile: )
ilovebikesfresher
Start time: 10:30, 11:00?

Duration?

Do-able on fixed? xx(

Weather: Warm, rain free and tailing breeze at times...

Café stop: Debenhams in the Sheff. Precinct? Armed guard for the bikes?

Parking for LWB Trafic (posse wagon) please?
I'm not coming along but I have ridden that way before and I can safely say that if you can ride that road on fixed, then you can probably ride everything on fixed! :tongue::biggrin:

mike e

Teef, regarding your weather prediction - when was the last time you visited the north of the country?

I'll have you know Hull to Sheffield is still a fair old trek....:biggrin:

Is this ride planned for the Saturday 26th Sept or Sunday 27th Sept?

The gauntlet has been well and truly dropped on riding this fixed......:tongue:

longers

Legendary Member
Just a thought but if there be Southerners arriving by van then would an out of town starting/meeting point be easiest for them?

It's MarinYorks ride so this is just a suggestion from me.

Top Bottom