Struggling to get out the door today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steve

If like me you are watching the Tour then I can understand your problem but if your not then get out on that bike now. Looking out the window at the weather in Croydon it looks a good day so get out now.

I can justify sitting here watching tv because at 6 o clock this morning I went out for a 38 minute run and boy given I have not run for months was it hard work.

If you are watching the Tour then get out there now and watch the hi lights tonight.And when you are out there doing it just think of how easy Contador and Schleck climb and you will wizz up those hills.

Do you hear me are you listening get out there now before it rains.Enjoy

Willo

I'm having a little spell where I'm just cream crackered. Haven't been for a run or cylce since Wed (unusual for me) but just been tired this week so wrote it off. Was gonna try to get in some miles this weekend, but over indulged last night and have the mother of all hangovers - in fact I felt sick just watching them sweat in the TdF!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looking out the window at the weather in Croydon it looks a good day so get out now.
Brighouse is a long way from Croydon! ;)

I'm not far from Steve and the weather here has been very changeable today. Sunshine one minute, then showers the next, quite breezy too, but all-in-all not a bad day to be outdoors. I decided to go for a walk rather than a ride though.

I hope you enjoyed your ride Steve!

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
I nearly got out...

... but then I saw the Tour de France on the television. I like the sprint stages, so ended up getting into this one. Next thing I know it's half four and the kids wanted to play Monopoly. Sat down, got myself and drink played a bit, then made tea. So no, sorry everyone, I didn't get out today.

Bit depressed. Bought a new set of bathroom scales. Think I preferred the old ones - the springs were a bit worn. Not sure I like the truth - ignorance is bliss!

Anyway, bike kit is out and ready - I will be out the door first thing tomorrow morning. Honest!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The last week it has either been raining, blowing a gale, both or about to do one of them, so I've been in on the exercise bike instead :blush:

If my bike was animate, then I'd have to appologise to it for being such a big jessy!

taxing

I went for a quick ride into town today and it started chucking it down about 2 minutes before I got to the undercover bike stands. I was drenched and went home after half an hour of shopping, Topshop loses its appeal when you're wet and shivering.

Edited to add: I've still got my bike out every single day this week though! Big girls, the lot of you. :tongue:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Well the forecast doesn't look too bad for tomorrow
icon_twisted.gif
(where you are at least Steve)

More seriously don't get too worried about it, a rest can be a good thing - as long as you don't keep deciding you "don't feel like it" everyday
And when you are out there doing it just think of how easy Contador and Schleck climb and you will wizz up those hills.

Unfortunately I tend to think of how Cavendish climbs hills :biggrin:. I've adopted riding with an open mouth like he does, only mine is just for me to desperately gasp for breath.
icon_redface.gif

Jacqui

Know how you feel Steve.

I need all the miles I can get before September as the possibility of getting to Paris by bike seems to be fading fast so do let me know if you want company. Might be too slow though.

Enjoy your ride tomorrow. Hopefully will be less windy as was pretty hard last Sunday.

jaq

OP
OP
Steve H

Steve H

Large Member
Thanks to the wife - she kicked me out the door today, so managed to get a couple of hours of riding in. Was a bit windy and tough going in places, but at least I stayed dry.

Who nicked the summer? We've been doing so well, but looks like a terrible forecast for the week ahead.

Steve

Jacqui

Thanks to the wife - she kicked me out the door today, so managed to get a couple of hours of riding in. Was a bit windy and tough going in places, but at least I stayed dry.

Who nicked the summer? We've been doing so well, but looks like a terrible forecast for the week ahead.

Steve

Stayed dry as well. Did thirty miles with a mate went home and had something to eat then did another 20 making 50 in total . Pleased as this is the longest ride so far but sitll have a way to go to make it to Paris.

Top Bottom