Stupid Crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Widge

Baldy Go
Crikey Alan......................glad you seem ok?

Seriously....a work colleague of mine suffered concussion a few weeks ago............you need to get checked out if you have ANY symptom or doubt..........it's what A and E are for.

Get yerself down to Derriford!!!

Best

w

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

So I have been to the Dr`s , she thinks i`ve had mild concussion which I need to keep an eye on and go to A&E if I get headaches vomiting over the next few days .I`ve also fractured the bone or damaged the tendon in my little finger right hand , which is bent and will not straighten out,so a trip to the minor injuries unit to have it splinted as it could affect my grip when cycling. I`ve been having physio for a damaged rotator cuff in my left shoulder which , up until yesterday , was doing really well now back to square one with that as the crash has damaged it again :sad:. Also I feel like i`ve been run over by a train today and am aching all over especially my shoulders, although I did still cycle albeit warily the 6 miles round trip to the Dr`s. Apart from anything else I really believe without a helmet I would have been seriously injured with a fractured skull or worse , my helmet is crushed to half it`s width were my head hit the tarmac. I will never cycle without a helmet . thanks for all the concern as to my well being . much appreciated. Cheers

Sooo glad you were wearing a helmet...the kids at school today were going on about how it wasn't 'cool' to wear one. Hope you don't mind if I share your story

KateK

Glad you're holding together Alun. It's also good to have another positive helmet story for teenagers. I'm so pleased because my eldest has started using hers again, her friends don't so the peer pressure is tremendous. I once found an unconscious cyclist wrapped round a lamppost. He didn't have a helmet on. I'm hoping that all the pictures of professional cyclists in helmets in the news will have a positive effect too.

WobblyBob

Really glad to hear you're ok (ish)...the helmet definitely saved the day i would say !!

Glad you are ok .. Re-Helmet if it was a Specialized one, less than two years old, then return it to the shop you bought it from and Specialized will replace it free of charge.

Very interesting, i was totally unaware of that...cheers (hopefully i'll not need to hold them to that tho ha)

Glad you are ok fella. Another incident to show why helmets are needed! Hope you are soon fully recovered and able to get back on the bike.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

So , 5 days since my visit to the tarmac head first. Just back from A&E as have been in real pulsing pain last night in my shoulder and down my bicep. After a check up of my shoulder , (something my Dr didn`t do), and i`ve not broken any bones it seems i`ve damaged the muscle and tendons even more ( I was having physio on it before the crash), and so now I am taking pain killers every 4 hrs . So I have an even longer period of physio ahead to get me mobile again ( the real p*sser is the physio was starting to work on the original problem ). I`ve also now got a splint on my little finger for 6 weeks as the tendon detached at the top causing what is known as mallett finger. All this because some idiot in a car decides to drive too fast up a winding country lane .:angry:

kedab

Veteran
just had a scan through here - wow. i just mentioned winding country lanes and fast cars in a post...glad you're ok, bummer the original recovery will take longer but you're in one piece and that's the main thing...thank goodness for the hat eh?!

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

just had a scan through here - wow. i just mentioned winding country lanes and fast cars in a post...glad you're ok, bummer the original recovery will take longer but you're in one piece and that's the main thing...thank goodness for the hat eh?!

You`re right about "thank goodness for the hat", the helmet didn`t break but actually compacted to half it`s width where it hit the tarmac, so it did it`s job very well. cheers

Top Bottom