Stupid Crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Glad you're alright, hope you heal up soon.

I wasn't wearing a helmet when I got knocked off a month ago. Lost a day of my life due to concussion.

I wear one now.

green1

Über Member
You`re right about "thank goodness for the hat", the helmet didn`t break but actually compacted to half it`s width where it hit the tarmac, so it did it`s job very well. cheers
You have any pictures of the helmet? That is an example of what a helmet is supposed to do, most pictures you see of helmets after a crash show the helmet has failed to do the job its supposed to do i.e. cracked with no compression. If it cracks it is absorbing sweet.f.a. energy.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

You have any pictures of the helmet? That is an example of what a helmet is supposed to do, most pictures you see of helmets after a crash show the helmet has failed to do the job its supposed to do i.e. cracked with no compression. If it cracks it is absorbing sweet.f.a. energy.

Am trying to get some decents pics to post on here .

Widge

Baldy Go
Hi Alan...........it all sounds a bit gruesome!........I drive all the time for work (mostly around Plymouth) but I cycle lots in the lanes.

BECAUSE I cycle...I am always very conscious of cyclists when I drive-but I am constantly horrified by how libertine some drivers are when I'm on the bike!

PS. PM me if you are interested in a 'Spoon' saddle? (used once and didn't suit me) I could (possibly) drop it round.

Anyhoo.......good luck my friend and keep taking the pills?

sabian92

Über Member
No it didn`t and ,although I don`t want to believe it, i`m sure they saw me crash.

I'm sure they probably did unfortunately and stopping would mean they'd have to admit guilt (not even legally just to themselves). Some people are scum and the chances are they'll probably do it again on exactly the same stretch of road not realising how hurt you are.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Bad night last night, off to Dr`s to get stronger painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, not a happy bunny :angry:

KateK

Sorry to see you are still suffering Alan, hope it starts to get better soon.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Took the splint off of my little finger last week , it`s f**k*d cannot bend it too far or make a fist. Was actually thinking of going back into Martial Arts training , Muay Thai, but if I cannot make a fist then i`m bolloxed . Will have to see if I can get some physio to get it more mobile.

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Final decision on my finger ,I have to see the Plastic Surgeon for an op on my finger . Great:angry:

Top Bottom