Stupid daydreaming cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went into the back of a car at Maryland (near Stratford) in 1987 on the old BSA Sturmey Archer thing...Must have sounded like a tank hitting his car...I know he was startled...I was about to overtake him when he stopped suddenly as I looked behind...It happens....I reckon I was knackered as I had finished a 5am shunting turn at Temple Mills.

Matty

I've done it. When I got my first tick-tick-tick odometer mounted at the bottom of the front fork. Belting down road to pals house, studying hard the odometer, looked up - Saab 900, bang, crash, blood. Chap comes running out of house, 'is my car all right????'. Thanks mate, I'm fine! Car wasn't marked.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 1149096"]
I had a go at somebody today for beeping me.

Passenger wound down the window when we stopped at lights.

Told me that they never beeped me. It was the car behind them beeping somebody else.

Boy did I feel stupid. And embarrassed. If the ground could have opened up etc...
[/quote]

Well, if you thought you had been beeped, then you obviously weren't up to much good in the first place then, where you?? :evil:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Going back a bit, I spreadeagled myself over the rear window of a hatchback, because I had been waving at the kiddy on the backseat instead of watching what was going on. I blame the kid - he waved at me first :smile:

It's one of those situations isn't where you think to yourself:

Ok, a kid is watching, so I had beter be on my best behaviour and set them a good example, and hey, if I get the chance, I might be able to do something that will impress them and .....oh **** CRUMP!!

PoliceMadAd

I was cycling home one morning, and managed to slightly knock the back bumper of a car in front that had stopped at a RAB, as usually cars go straight into the RAB as it's usually clear (just THAT morning it wasn't, and i had been up since 11am the previous morning, did an overnight shift and had two 1 and a half hour train journeys as well, the incident happened around 8am, so i was understandably tired). The woman in the car looked back and seeing that i was still alive, and perched on the bike, drove off on her merry way. I think she probably thought she'd imagined the noise from my tyre hitting her bumper.

Top Bottom