Stupid parents in the school car park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
And some people wonder why they and their kids are bloaters.
Meh.

Some parents really struggle to get their kids to school and still arrive at work on time. Schools start very late, for some its a furious dash to the gate then off to the office or station to beat the clock and chance of demotion or marginalisation.

Full time work can be a bit demanding that way.

Things are not always black and white and whilst I am sure some parents are just lazy I think many more are stooopidly stressed at school times.

Drago

Legendary Member
Its a lifestyle choice, no one forced them to have unprotected sex.

Drago

Legendary Member
That's a fair point.

Whatever happened to kids automatically going to the nearest school? If parents didn't like it they could put up with it, or move.

That's a fair point.

Whatever happened to kids automatically going to the nearest school? If parents didn't like it they could put up with it, or move.
Worked fine until population density changes. Few blocks of flats full of families will skew an area. Catchment areas change and sibling policies make it very difficult.

Our kids use a breakfast/after-school club which buses them in. They run 4 minibuses to local schools and its a great servcie. But it costs and many can't afford it.

School starts accepting at 8:30 to 8:45 and it's around 1.5 miles to the nearest tube. I can certainly see why some parents drive when the alternative is a 3 mile round trip which is quite a lot for a 5 year old and a 6 mile round trip for the parents going both ways. Particularly when they have a job to get to.

Drago

Legendary Member
That comes back to lifestyle choices again. They inflict their congestion, pollution and danger on the rest of us because they didn't think through the consequences of unprotected sex.

Some time back there was a thing in local TV news about congestion outside a school in a local town. One driving Mum said to the camera "I have to drive, it's a 20 minute walk", which summed up the motives behind the majority of school run pilots - simple laziness. After all, why are the roads so quiet during the school holiday if people are simply kicking their kids out as they drive onwards to work?

. After all, why are the roads so quiet during the school holiday if people are simply kicking their kids out as they drive onwards to work?
Because of large numbers of parents who don't drive their kids to school but are on holiday away from a job that can involve driving or commuting by car.

Same reason the tubes are quiet when virtually no kids get the tube to school.

Last edited:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Worked fine until population density changes. Few blocks of flats full of families will skew an area. Catchment areas change and sibling policies make it very difficult.

Our kids use a breakfast/after-school club which buses them in. They run 4 minibuses to local schools and its a great servcie. But it costs and many can't afford it.

School starts accepting at 8:30 to 8:45 and it's around 1.5 miles to the nearest tube. I can certainly see why some parents drive when the alternative is a 3 mile round trip which is quite a lot for a 5 year old and a 6 mile round trip for the parents going both ways. Particularly when they have a job to get to.
TMN to me!!!

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4739979, member: 9609"]in a school car park ?[/QUOTE]

No, I was 18 months away from school at that age.

Top Bottom