Stupid people ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
its staggering sometimes, you just can't help them. Internet, FB etc, scam adverts and people falling for them.
Friends of our have just ordered 2x scooters...from America, for £30 each, advertised on Fb.
1. Why would you buy something from America that you can buy here ?
2. Do people not think 'if its too good to be true....'
3. Surely everyone knows nowadays to tread carefully on the Internet.
4. No thought it might need import taxes paying and how much ? (Assuming it was genuine)

They've no sooner paid for them and are already getting buyers remorse, they've paid and immediately thought....oops.

Another friend paid £12 for an airfryer advertised online, waaaay too cheap, never got it and to add insult to injury, they scammed another £100 + out her bank.

You see FB adverts for a big box of new DeWalt cordless tools, maybe 2 batteries and 8 tools, box etc...for £90.
On what planet do they think people live ? Oh its got reviews telling people how good they were, fake fake fake for chrissakes.

Advert on FB for huge toolchests with hundreds of tools and accessories for maybe £120. You can't buy the toolchest alone of the quality they're suggesting for that money, again, all supported by 'reviews'

I may be wrong on some of the items, but I'm beginning to think I'm in the wrong business, there are stupid people everywhere just waiting to be scammed.

Chris S

Legendary Member
It's not their problem. Their credit card companies will have to cover any loss.

Jody

Stubborn git
I believe there are no import duties for an item costing £60. Might not be too bad

Reactions: gbb

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If it's on the internet it must be true ! :stop:

D

Deleted member 1258

On my Facebook feed recently, a miracle weight loss powder, take it on an empty stomach to loose pounds. :laugh: if its that good why haven't I heard of it, why am I not hearing people discussing it.:wacko:

Top Bottom