Stupid people ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Which is piss poor and lazy effort to communicate important info and it really shouldn’t be just a case of stick it on FB.

Whats lazy and piss poor about it? Its just another way to get information, I both talk to the neighbours and use facebook.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Whats lazy and piss poor about it? Its just another way to get information, I both talk to the neighbours and use facebook.

As one of many communication methods okay, but rely solely on FB (as stated) for key info it’s shoot and lazy

tom73

Guru
I don’t use FB but still know the important stuff. Using one channel for important info like been said is just totally lazy way of doing things. Usually by folk paid to do comms with little idea of how to do it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Because it excludes a great deal of people from key information. Why would you want people to sign up to a service whose sole purpose is to track everything about you and your friends / family; that is full of misinformation and falsehoods, just so people can find out key community information.

Imagine the only way you could read anything about Covid-19 was Facebook. It’s be a nightmare.

tom73

Guru
I use a strong adblocker and rarely see any adds on my browser, cyclechat and facebook are my main social media sites and don't usually see any adds on either of them, I also have the browser set to delete all history when I close it down, I'm also very careful of what personal information I divulge online.

Adblocker is one thing it’s the cookie trail that’s the one to watch which is harder to get right. I too am careful every thing that can be locked down is. staying ahead of the game is not always easy.

Alex321

Veteran

If it is the only way information is disseminated, then I agree wholly with Ming. Significant local information needs to be disseminated to everybody, not just those who not only have facebook, but also subscribe to the local facebook group.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
While scammers absolutely disgust me, having seen the other side of the coin through the lens of selling on FB marketplace (and how ignorant and generally vile the average bottom-feeder appears to be) it's killed a lot of the sympathy I once had for the muppets who fall for this crap.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Because it excludes a great deal of people from key information. Why would you want people to sign up to a service whose sole purpose is to track everything about you and your friends / family; that is full of misinformation and falsehoods, just so people can find out key community information.

Imagine the only way you could read anything about Covid-19 was Facebook. It’s be a nightmare.

I thought it was and it's proved to be a myth by everybody who uses FB. :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Its just another way to get information, I both talk to the neighbours and use facebook.
I don't talk to my neighbours or use Facebook! :whistle:

I don't have a clue what is going on round here... :laugh:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
its staggering sometimes, you just can't help them. Internet, FB etc, scam adverts and people falling for them.
Friends of our have just ordered 2x scooters...from America, for £30 each, advertised on Fb.
1. Why would you buy something from America that you can buy here ?
2. Do people not think 'if its too good to be true....'
3. Surely everyone knows nowadays to tread carefully on the Internet.
4. No thought it might need import taxes paying and how much ? (Assuming it was genuine)

They've no sooner paid for them and are already getting buyers remorse, they've paid and immediately thought....oops.

Another friend paid £12 for an airfryer advertised online, waaaay too cheap, never got it and to add insult to injury, they scammed another £100 + out her bank.

You see FB adverts for a big box of new DeWalt cordless tools, maybe 2 batteries and 8 tools, box etc...for £90.
On what planet do they think people live ? Oh its got reviews telling people how good they were, fake fake fake for chrissakes.

Advert on FB for huge toolchests with hundreds of tools and accessories for maybe £120. You can't buy the toolchest alone of the quality they're suggesting for that money, again, all supported by 'reviews'

I may be wrong on some of the items, but I'm beginning to think I'm in the wrong business, there are stupid people everywhere just waiting to be scammed.

A more useful question than "are people stupid" might be "Why are Facebook allowed to profit from fraud"

tom73

Guru
A more useful question than "are people stupid" might be "Why are Facebook allowed to profit from fraud"

Same reason why are they allowed to have so much crap and hateful content freely available and even promote it. All because no government has the bottle to deal with it. They talk about going it but in the mean time it’s free to carry on like the wild west lawless and without fear.

D

Deleted member 1258

Adblocker is one thing it’s the cookie trail that’s the one to watch which is harder to get right. I too am careful every thing that can be locked down is. staying ahead of the game is not always easy.

I never keep cookies, they are deleted when I close the browser.

Top Bottom