Stupid people ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
On my Facebook feed recently, a miracle weight loss powder, take it on an empty stomach to loose pounds. :laugh: if its that good why haven't I heard of it, why am I not hearing people discussing it.:wacko:

So long as you keep your stomach empty it's guaranteed to work!🤣🤣🤣

D

Deleted member 1258

Indeed, that’s why Mark set it up, to track you all.

Why should he track me? Theres no reason for him to do it, he probably isn't aware I exist, this is just one of the myths that exist. Google can track people and will do if they can to make money from targeted advertising, but most of the stuff they use for that can be turned off in the settings.

tom73

Guru
They track every one it’s how they make money. Personal data is worth big £££. It’s not free you’re paying for it. They are nothing more than a data company. Headed up by a right nasty piece of work.
Every ad is targeted you get so many mostly don’t realise it.
Once you see the info a company on FB gets re users when they pay for it. It will shock many.

D

Deleted member 1258

They track every one it’s how they make money. Personal data is worth big £££. It’s not free you’re paying for it. They are nothing more than a data company. Headed up by a right nasty piece of work.
Every ad is targeted you get so many mostly don’t realise it.
Once you see the info a company on FB gets re users when they pay for it. It will shock many.

I use a strong adblocker and rarely see any adds on my browser, cyclechat and facebook are my main social media sites and don't usually see any adds on either of them, I also have the browser set to delete all history when I close it down, I'm also very careful of what personal information I divulge online.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
You must have been hacked to start with to sign up to the scam called FB

The difficulty now is that FB is used to keep local news current. If you do not check then vital information can be missed. In my case it is often the only way of getting warnings of travel disruptions.
Much local information is spread on local FB pages. Some is rubbish but it is usually possible to suss that.
The only notification of covid vaccination clinics here was on FB.

D

Deleted member 1258

The difficulty now is that FB is used to keep local news current. If you do not check then vital information can be missed. In my case it is often the only way of getting warnings of travel disruptions.
Much local information is spread on local FB pages. Some is rubbish but it is usually possible to suss that.

Yes, I use local pages a lot for information on whats going on.

Jameshow

Veteran
My wife brought this book is she saying something!!

IMG-20221114-WA0006.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

Which is piss poor and lazy effort to communicate important info and it really shouldn’t be just a case of stick it on FB.

Top Bottom